Riverdale High

A/N : this is the outfit you are wearing on your first day at Riverdale High. Enjoy the story.

First Day of the Year. After avoiding the crowd in the hall, searching for the welcome desk and finding Betty Cooper miraculously, Veronica and I are officially the new kids of the school. People are looking at us like we are some type of extraterrestrial.
It's easy to see the boys drooling over us already. This kind of attention is not new but it still doesn't feel good. I always prefered girls to boys and honestly I have a million reasons to do so. First of all, girls aren't looking at you as if you were a piece of meat, secondly girls are easier to speak with and just to give another reason, men just want sex. Jerks.

As we are talking to Betty, a gay guy joins us. Kevin Keller. He seems nice and he makes me laugh a lot. He starts telling us what kind of bars are in town and honestly it's not NY but well, we'll get over it eventually.

When he stops speaking, I let my sister with Betty as they share the same class and I try to find mine. On my way, a boy accidently runs into me, I manage to stay on my feet but he doesn't, making his beanie fall on the floor. I try not to laugh before I help him to stand up.

"Sorry, I didn't see you there. I'm Jughead Jones, you must be new." He smiles awkwardly.

"Yeah I am. The name is Jade, Jade Lodge." I extend my hand for him to shake it.

"No one helps strangers on the floor here" he laughs a bit "it's nice to see there is still some good person around Riverdale."

"Well no problem, can I just ask you something in return?" I ask.

"Yes sure, what do you need?"

"As you said, I'm new and I can't find my next class..."

"What do you have?" He smiles.

"Maths."

"Great, you're with me, follow me."

He shows me the way and we chitchat a bit before going to our class.

The morning is finally over, a meeting is organized for I don't know what but I decide not to go. I take some time on my own and explore the school a bit. When I'm done, I head to the outdoor cafeteria searching for my sister. I spot her with Kevin, Betty and Archie so I decide to join them.

Archie is trying to make some music and this is great because I like writing songs too. It helps me when I feel bad cause I'm not the type of girl to express herself easily. I tend to keep everything inside and music allows me to let it go. I don't say a thing and just listen to him for a while. He is talented that's for sure but he must work on it a little bit because he can be amazing.

Just after Archie's song, a redhaired girl comes our way. Seeing her coming, Archie goes to an appointment with the music teacher and Kevin tells us about the girl's brother who died this summer. Sad.

She starts to talk with Veronica and I about cheerleading.

"I'm senior captain of the River Vixens." She starts.

"Is cheerleading still a thing?" Ask Kevin. I laugh softly.

"Is being the gay bestfriend still a thing?" Ouch. The girl's got sass, I like that. "Some people say it's retro, I say it's Eternal and Iconic."

"Good for you Redhead but no thanks, cheerleading is not for me. V, you should try." I say.

"Only if Betty is trying too."

"Of course! Anyone is welcome to try out. But Betty's already got so much on her plate right now, and, being a Vixen is a full time thing buuuut open to all." She stands up as I raise my eyebrows. "Follow me on Twitter and I'll do the same, my handle is @CherylBomshell".

She leaves and I laugh. Casual conversations start and when the time to go back in class comes, I say bye to my sister.

As I walk in the hall, some football player, I saw in my class this morning , runs after me.

"Hey there cutie, I'm Reggie Mantle and I'm sure you don't have a Partner for the Semi-Formal."

"Well, I don't know what this thing is but I'm sure I would love to have you to escort me." I smile at him.

Rule number 1 : never refuse to go to a party with a handsome boy even if you're a bi/lesbian. You always can make a friend out of this situation.

"Just dress well, give me your address and you'll see." He winks at me and I laugh. Riverdale is not this different from NY after all.

A/N: well it's still the beginning, things will be better soon.