Christmas Spirit

Last night was the weirdest I've lived in a while. Between Alice Cooper dresses as a Serpent, Betty Cooper undressing herself on stage, FP Jones refusing to take his retreat, without forgetting about Ronnie who ran away from Archie....

All those things made me realize one thing. If I have to stay in this crazy town, I rather be with someone who keeps me sane. And until now, the only one who, strangely, did this is Cheryl.

That's why I decide to go to Thistlehouse today.

(A/N : Your outfit.)

Me : Can you come outside?

I text my girlfriend and she quickly goes out.

"What do you want?" She rolls her eyes.

"Well, since Christmas is coming soon, I thought we could do something together." I suggest.

"Oh cause now you're ready to be with the bitchy side of me?" She asks sassily.

"Come on Cheryl, you know what I meant. We have already discussed this.. I don't like you going after people I like."

"And I don't like when you don't support me." She answers back.

"I support babe. But what you did was the least necessary thing to do. I can understand you are mad at him, you can ignore him, talk badly to him if you want to but tearing him down in his job? That's not fair." I explain.

"Maybe you're right but still you should have take my side at first and then telling I was wrong in private. Now Betty the bitch Cooper will think you're on her side."

"Babe..." I sigh. "Listen. Betty is my sister's best friend, nothing more. I will never take her side over yours."

"I believe you..." she walks to me and hugs me. "It just hurt me to see you mad at me. It remembered me when we fought last year.."

"Me too... and I don't want that, okay?" She nods. "Alright, So now what do you want to do?"

"Actually there is something...."

This afternoon

We put the last decoration on the tree and Cheryl smiles at me.

"And... done!" She happily states. "Look at how beautiful is the house now! It feels like Christmas."

"I love seeing that smile." I kiss her softly.

The door opens and Penelope enters the room.

"Cheryl Marjorie Blossom, What have you done?" She angrily asks.

"Isn't it obvious, Mother? We've saved Christmas." Cheryl proudly answers. "Look how happy Nana Rose is."

"You spoiled, wretched little brat. How do you expect to pay for all this?" Penelope asks.

"Excuse me Miss Blossom" I say. "I took care of this, for now, because I seem to care more about your daughter's happiness than you." I sass.

"And I thought of something" continue Cheryl. "You could ask mister Lodge for a job. Sure he will probably ask what skills you have, right babe?" I nod. "And you will be forced to admit that the only skill you have is being a terrible mother. So I guess you're gonna have to get creative in the new year."

Cheryl walks away.

"And I thought I had suggested you to be nicer with my girlfriend." I whisper in her ear. "Guess you needed a reminder."

I exit the house too, joining Cheryl in my car. I drive back home and tell to Cheryl to wait for me in my room. I check if anyone is home and I surprise Ronnie in my father's office.