Little V Will Become Old

As if everything was okay, mum decided to invite Josie, her parents and Fred Andrews to the Pembrooke tonight. She wants Sierra McCoy to give the drive-in construction to Fred so she will control it.

I couldn't make it for the beginning of the night but when I enter the room I decide to show my mum I don't agree with her ways.

"Oh well is this a family diner or something?" I sass looking at my mum and Fred.

"Jade. Come on sweetie it's not the moment for this." She smiles falsely. "Sit with us, Myles was telling us something about music."

I sit next to Fred so I can face Myles and actually talk about something interesting. We start chatting about Jazz and Blues which I appreciate, usually the only one who talk about music with me is my father.

Unfortunately, the convo turns to business and then the McCoy family starts to talk about their problems... weird.

Seeing it's not going well I propose to Josie and Veronica to go to Pop's so we can be far from all those business things. We spend the evening together trying to get away from the bad mood our parents put us through.

At one point, I let the girls alone because my mum sends me a message.

Mum 👸🏽💞: Business time. No V.

I come back home quickly and I see Paul, my dad's attorney, in the living room.

"What's up?" I ask.

"Sierra acceptes to give the contract to Fred, Paul is here to check what we need to do." Mum explains.

"Okay, spill the tea Paul, which clause did they put in it?" I look at him.

"Well it says your father can't sign this but if the effective majority of the family signs it's okay."

"So you only need Jade and I to sign it right?" Ask mum.

Paul looks at me and I know I understand well.

"No mum, he needs us and V to sign it. 2 signatures aren't enough this time." I say quietly.

"But..."

"It's time for her to enter the business mum, she is ready." I cut her off.

"She is not." She looks at me with daggers in her eyes.

"Well makes it look like it's nothing, tell her it's just a signature nothing more."

"What if she doesn't want to?"

"She will." I assure even if I really doubt that.

The next morning

I wake up early to go to school before V wakes up. I don't want her and mum to argue in front of me for no reason.

I stop by Reggie's house and we make our way to the hall. Once I'm at my locker, a familiar presence makes me turn around.

"Hey babe!" Say a ginger girl.

"Already back at the babe thing?" I smirk at her.

"Well... I mean..." she turns red.

"I'm kidding Cheryl, how are you?" I chuckle.

"I'm fine and I was wondering if you will go to the beautiful place from last time with me?" She looks at me full of hope.

"Of course, when?"

"After my practice?" She smiles.