3. Katerina

I sighed as I began packing up the things that Jericho had given me over the course of our relationship into a box including the pictures we've taken together from family gatherings to vacations. It's been nearly 3 weeks since our break up and I haven't brought it upon myself to take down the memories I had with him because it felt surreal. Taking down each picture we've had together was another blow to my heart telling me that it was real and not a dream.

An article was published about two days after the break up as well as me being at the club and leaving with Alexander. I don't even know how pictures of us in bed came one because there were images of us in intimate positions that had me blushing in embarrassment and humiliation. How can there be people like that photographer out there that makes it his business photographing people who don't want their photo taken?

I blamed Alexander for those photos even if he denied being involved. He was the type of person to make a person feel unimportant by the way he behaved with everyone including his own family. He was cold-hearted and a man whore. He's slept with men and women tossing them to the curve after they satisfied him for the night and I was stupid for allowing myself to get so drunk to the point of me sleeping with him knowing full well how he was.

I shook my head and turned back to the task at hand and grabbed the last picture frame I had of Jericho and I. It was from two months ago. We had gone on a trip to Italy to celebrate my birthday and it was one of my favorite days. It had been surreal going there. I still remember the day as if was yesterday.

Jericho has come to my house holding a bouquet of flowers and a card which both confused me and made me love him even more.

"Go on, open the card" he said and I chuckled as I handed him the flowers back so I could open the white envelope and pulled the card from inside. I felt tears burn my eyes s I read the message

You are the angel in my life. On this day, god sent you on earth so we could be together. Happy Birthday to the brightest star in my life! Love you, baby, I looked up at him and pulled him into a hug kissing him over and over again

"You're the sweetest I love you" I whispered against his lips as he held me with one hand and smiled down at me with bright eyes

"Me too. There's one more thing in there" he replied and I raised my brows at him but sighed looking back inside the envelope only to pull out two pairs of tickets to Italy.

"Are you serious?" I asked with a gasp. I've always wanted to go to Italy but because of work I haven't been able to go

"Yup. Our flight is next week" he said and I gaped

"You're seriously the best boyfriend in the world," I said kissing him again and he chuckled pecking me on the lips

"Only because it's you," he said with a wink making me laugh.

That day I had packed two suitcases since we would be gone for at least a month which I couldn't wait. Being away from work and everything else with Jericho in the most beautiful place was a dream come true but what I didn't know was that he had already gone to Italy two months prior with another woman. I was so naive and stupid to believe that he loved me and that he wanted to be with me forever. I pictured my life with him but it all came tumbling down 3 weeks ago.

"Thinking about him again aren't you?" A voice from behind asked and I looked over my shoulder to see David in the doorway of my room and I sighed.

"Hard not to" I replied closing the box and carrying it to the door making him move out of the way,

"I know it's hard Katt, but it'll get better eventually," he said adding, "Believe me I know how it feels to lose someone you thought you were going to spend your life with"