5. Katerina

"That's a lot of money," Miss Rogers said after Jessa, Alexander's secretary, and I have given both Mr. Giménez and her the rundown of how much the binding that they want both companies to build will cost them, "But very well, if that's what it'll cost for us to get the restaurant built within the time limit we've discussed then so be it"

"How soon can your companies begin building the restaurant?" Mr. Giménez asked

"Once we have the blueprints for the building we will begin construction" Alexander said and the older gentleman nodded

"My guys will be going down to the site to check it out to see if it's a good location" David added and the couple across from us nodded

"We also have a couple of our construction directors already drawing up a few blueprints that we'll be going over and pick the one that suits your likes best," my brother said

"My team can then do a 3D image of the blueprints that you chose and we'll see how the building will look like once it's completed" Alexander commented and they nodded as they stood up before we all exchanged hands and after exchanging a few more words, Mr. Giménez and Miss Rogers both left the meeting room leaving the four of us alone.

"Mr. Storm, we should also be on our way," Alexander's secretary said from his left and he nodded looked at my brother and me before saying

"We'll be in touch" David nodded his head as he and Alexander exchanged handshakes and Jessa and I did the same with her giving me a glare that I ignored, "let's go, Jessa"

I watched as Alexander and Jessa exited the meeting room before sighing as I sat back down on my seat with David closing the door after they were out.

"Does he know?" He asked with a raised brow and I nodded, "Looks like Miss Jefferson isn't a big fan of you"

"It doesn't bother me. She's been infatuated with him from the time we've known Alex and his family" I said

"Yet, Alex doesn't give her the time of day" my brother stated and I hummed

"She'll only hate me further once news of my pregnancy comes out and Alex announces that he's the father," I said and he chuckled

"I won't let her near you and I'm more than positive Alex will have her arrested after firing her if she dares harm you or the baby," he said and I couldn't agree more. David and Alex, though may have a rival going on with their companies, have been best friends since college and when I met him I always thought Alexander was a stuck up snob that didn't care about anyone's feelings and yet he proved me wrong. He was down to earth, funny, charming and overall a good friend and listener.

I met him at his and David's college graduation and again at my parents' party a year later since he had gone abroad for a year after college. I remember feeling his eyes on me the whole night but never paid him much mind and went about my night staying close to my parents. I had been standing on my own for a few hours after that while my parents mingled and he had come up to me and asked for a dance which I agreed to.

"Your eyes are beautiful" he had said coming up behind me making me jump and I felt my face heating up at the complement

"They're nothing special. They're brown" I had replied making him smile, his ice-blue eyes shining in the soft glow of the lights above our heads. His hair was done to perfection. He had on a two-piece black tux with a navy blue button-up underneath that brought the color of his eyes out even more.

"They are copper against honey and they glow like two perfect orbs the same shade as nature after it rains. They are warm and sweet like milk chocolate. They're beautiful" he replied making me look up at him as he was and still is a foot taller than me at 6'.

His eyes were blue like the sea, crystal clear blue- shimmering and crashing and churning. Looking into his eyes you could hear the waves falling against the shore, see the foam flying into the air. His eyes were blue like the sky right before the sun disappears- dark rich indigo, with specks of wild colors here and there. His eyes were blue like that warm wool sweater that you put on when the air gets that chill- comfortable, warm, familiar. His eyes were that kind of blue. It had taken my breath away and to this day, when I gazed into those eyes, I could feel my breath leaving my lungs.

Alexander Storm was a man that with a single look can bring you to your knees and send your heart into overdrive. It's no wonder that men and women fall at his feet by just a simple glance at them with those eyes.

"You're eyes aren't so bad either. They remind me of a clear sky" I had said made him smile

"It was a pleasure dancing with such a lovely girl," he said once we had finished dancing and I nodded bowing my head

"Thank you for keeping me company" I murmured and he just hummed before placing a kiss on the back of my hand before walking away to join his family.

Waking up to him in bed a month a half ago was a shock, to say the least as it was something that I never thought would ever happen. I knew I was just another bed buddy and it both angered and hurt me if I'm being honest.

I had, and still do, a crush on Alex from the moment I met him but never did anything and decided to move on knowing that he'll never see me as anything more than his best friend's little sister. I had hoped that meeting Jericho would help me move on and forget my feelings for Alexander and it had for a while but after seeing him again for the first time in years at David's birthday two years ago brought feelings I had buried a long time ago. Jericho was a good man and I had grown to love him and even saw a future with him but that night last month changed it all. He broke up with me and I did the one thing I didn't think I'd ever do. I had sex with someone that wasn't the man that I wanted to spend my life with.

I saw a life and a future with Jericho but now look where I am. Having a child with the one person I had hoped to forget.

"You still have feelings for him don't you?" I shook my head at hearing David's voice and saw him looking at me with raised brows

"No" I lied and he shook his head with a knowing look in his eyes

"Don't lie to yourself Katerina" He said

"I'm not lying, David. I don't have any feelings for him" I replied and he chuckled

"You're lying to yourself and you know it, little sister. It's so easy to see that you still like him from the way your face turned red when his eyes landed on you when he walked in. The way you kept staring at him during the meeting. Hell, I can already tell from the way you spaced out that you were thinking about him" and curse him to hell and back for seeing right through me and all he did was smile, "I know how it feels to be in love with someone you least expect it, Katerina"

He gave me a small smile before leaning down and giving a kiss on the forehead then he walked out of the room leaving me alone to my thoughts.

Ugh, who am I kidding, Alexander Storm has gotten under my skin and as much as I want to deny my feelings for him, I just can't and now we have a baby on the way. Could my life get any more complicated? I sure hope as hell not but knowing my luck, it's bound to happen whether I want it or not.

an here's a new update let me know what you think and don't forget to leave a vote/fan

xoxo

~Cx