CHAPTER 7: Training

Jiro, Shurui, and Hokky all gather at the bottom of Mount Fuji on three flat platforms all rounded and separated in a triangle layout

JIRO: So, what traits do I specialize in most out of the five?

HOKKY: Well, Coyote isn't very fast, strength is there but not specialized, durability is very good, Tactical is top tier, and precision is very good as well.

JIRO: So, is there any way to get my speed and strength up?

HOKKY: you can train every trait to your limit, just because the Coyote is amazing in tactical and good in durability and precision doesn't mean it stays that way. You must train your body to be able to handle these traits.

SHURUI: Jiro, for me, I'm very good in Strength, and In durability. In everything else I have a decent grade in.

HOKKY: it's important to realize that training your traits and getting them used to your body is a part in your spirit animal, that's how you shall use your spirit in combat.

JIRO: So, I understand all of that now, but will I be able to bring out my spirit animal? Like Shurui when he saved me at the gondolas. I was on the back of his silverback gorilla along with him.

HOKKY: yes, bringing out your spirit animal is very hard though, Jiro. The bigger the spirit animal the harder it is.

SHURUI: It took me 2 years until I could bring out silverback.

JIRO: WHAT? Well we don't have two years? Do we?!

HOKKY: Hm hm hmmmm. Funny, jirrrrro. We will train you to the extent until your body doesn't move anymore.

JIRO: will I be able to fight without my spirit having to release?

HOKKY: Yes, your attacks are mostly consistent of using slashes and bites, Coyote doesn't use power, as I said, tactical and precision is its key to winning.

JIRO: But you said these guys use aerial, Will I be able to beat them?

HOKKY: ENOUGH. No more questions. JIRRRRO. YOU ARE, THE PROPHET! YOU WILL LEARN ON YOUR OWN.

Jiro shurui and Hokky all stare at eachother knowing this is the beginning of a long journey. And the training commences, consisting of tests of strength, tests of speed, tests of puzzles, tests of precision with targets, and tests of body limit. After the first 5 hour session. They rest. But somewhere else... another plot occurs.

AT A RANDOM VOLCANO

TAKA: mmmm, a shame indeed, Akaishi was a good warrior. But, we can suffice, Yoru, my black winged son.

YORU: Mmmm. Masta. Indeed. Do you think the eagles are fine without us?

TAKA: Definitely, splitting locations was smart of us. Give it two months and that young Jiro will be as strong as you, maybe stronger, Yoru.

YORU: bah bah bah bah! You make me laugh, Masta. I've been training for 3 years, I'm ready to fight him.

TAKA: Hes the prophet, Yoru. You will not just jump into battle. We must move, and move smart.

YORU: When I see him, ahhhh I'm gonna RIP HIS BRAINS OUT. BA BA BAAAAA. I CAN TASTE HIS BLOOD ALREADY.

TAKA: (It would be interesting to see how Jiro can handle Yoru. Indeed a good fight to watch).

BACK AT MOUNT FUJI, NEXT DAY

SHURUI: PUNCH HARDER, HARDER. STRIKE THE CENTER, HERE THE CENTER.

JIRO: GAHHHHHHH. *Throws many punches but only 1 of the 10 hits the center*

HOKKY: Pssshhttt. I expected more from you, Jiro. This weak form. You are weak. You couldn't even handle the black winged hawk of theirs. He's the weakest of the four!

JIRO: I, WILL, KILL THEM ALLLLLL!!! *throws faster and harder punches, landing 4 of 20 punches in the center*

HOKKY: Mmmmm. Improvement at least, not enough. Keep going Jiro, another 10 minutes and then a 5 minute rest before you run 4 miles. Now go.

JIRO: GAH GAH GAH GAH GAH, I WILL ALWAYS HIT THE TARGET!!!

SHURUI: (Man I'm holding the target and his punches don't even make me move. Hokky put too much faith in this kid though, for a reason)... GO, HIT ME HARDER, AND CLEANER. THE BULLSEYE HIT IT!!!

Jiro and Shurui continue the strength/precision training. While Hokky walks away.

HOKKY: Hmph. I'm gonna, sit down. *takes a seat on the edge of mount Fuji's top.* man, these kids. They sure have energy alright. Defense, Strength, Precision, Speed, and durability. These 5 main traits will have to be at max in order for Jiro to even make it past bald eagle. At this rate we're done for.

ARCTIC WOLF: (Why do you put down the kid, Hokky? He hasn't heard his Spirit clearly in his head. It took us a while to get to know each other as well.)

HOKKY: I'm surprised we still can talk, my friend. Shall I bring you out? I need some hope.

Hokky closed his eyes and quickly opens them. A glowing, white, large creature spawns next to him.

HOKKY: Ahhh, I like it much better with you here instead of me having to hear you echo through my head.

ARCTIC WOLF: Well, The kid is strong, isn't he? Potential at least.

HOKKY: mmmm indeed. But even if he manages to grasp his spirit animal for use in battle, Coyote is a greedy one.

ARCTIC WOLF: Back in the day I've been in battle with Coyote. No one has ever had a full bond with him yet.

HOKKY: Mmm. Sometimes I forget that there's something that exists that isn't a full bond. Ha ha. I forgot to explain that to the boy.

ARCTIC WOLF: Without a strong bond, the boy still would be able to understand what Coyote was saying even if it was just barks. In his head he heard English, like all spirits and holders do. But on the outside, if Coyote is summoned, then It'll be harder for them to communicate, for he will howl only. understanding each other but at a delay. It's hard.

HOKKY: Soon the boy will learn his powers. And be able to spawn his spirit, I also have strong faith, that he, can create a full bond with his spirit.

END