CHAPTER 42: Rebirth

Yami stood in front of Jiro, Shurui, and Hokky, carrying Ashi in his hands and using her as a hostage.

JIRO: Put her down...you said you wanna fight like men, right? Let's fight like men.

YAMI: Like men? No, when someone has interrupted the mission there is no man to man, there is only revenge, which I shall take.

HOKKY: No, you have it mixed up Yami, the destruction you created, all for WHAG at? Another war? The kingdoms to be rebirthed? Is this what you want?

YAMI: I will become a king and rise above all four kingdoms and obtain all four gemstones. Which I found one on this girls NECK!

ASHI: *Coughs* Let me go! Please, don't take this!

YAMI: Selfish girl...don't you all see? Once this is completed the rise shall began. I know you have the fire stone back where ever you hid it, I will find it through forceful interrogation and have 2/4.

JIRO: 2/4? Idiot, don't you know there's ONLY 2/4?

YAMI: You can't destroy a gemstone IDIOT! If you were of any knowledge you would know that after the fire and water kingdoms kept their stone the others that were hid were found, we just don't know where they are!

JIRO: *Looks back at Hokky*

HOKKY: Hes right, it is impossible to fully destroy a stone.

JIRO: Why?

HOKKY: Smashing or breaking a gemstone grants you the powers of the legendary spirit animal from that kingdom.

YAMI: Yes, as your master said!

JIRO: You think your gonna get all four? HA! That's a joke, I'll get all four before you ever do.

YAMI: Well, I've already got 2 basically in my grasp. Unless you wanna stop me. Why don't we have fun, huh? I'm going to play a game with you, are you down?

JIRO: Explain...

YAMI: Lets test each other's speed, I'm going to slit this girls neck on the count of three unless your fast enough to get to me when I say three.

SHURUI: That's unfair! We're about 10 feet from you and your hand is inches away from her!

HOKKY: Yes, ill do that.

SHURUI: SENSEI?

JIRO: Sensei Hokky there isn't any way you can do this, it's near impossible.

HOKKY: No.....

YAMI: OKAY! Then why don't we start?

The intensity around the battlefield increased immensely as now it seemed, no, surely there was a life at stake.

YAMI: 1....

JIRO: (He has to have some kind of plan, he's standing there just confident).

YAMI: 2....

SHURUI: (Damn, I don't know what he's up to).

YAMI: THR-

ARCTIC WOLF: *Headbutts Yami from behind*

YAMI: GARHHH!

HOKKY: Gotcha, *Runs fast towards Yami* ILL BE TAKING HER BACK!

YAMI: NO YOU WONT!

HOKKY: *Swings left fist*

YAMI: *Ducks* YOU AND YOUR CHEAP TRICKS OLD MAN! *elbows Hokky*

HOKKY: GAHH! *Flies off*

SHURUI: MASTER!

JIRO: SENSEI HOKKY!

YAMI: Now, back to what I was doing... *Brings our spirit claw* any last words...you little brat!

JIRO: NO! ASHI NO!

ASHI: WAIT! I have my last words. Before you kill me.

YAMI: Well, let's hear it!

ASHI: *Looks at Jiro* thank you...this is my last move.

YAMI: Huh? What mo-

ASHI: *Rips gemstone off her necklace*

YAMI: HEY THATS MINE NO-

ASHI: *Puts in her mouth and swallows*

SHURUI: ASHI WHY!

JIRO: WHAT? ASHI!

YAMI: YOU BRAT! YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT MISTAKE YOU JUST MADE! DIE! *Starts moving spirit claw to her back*

FLASHBACK

CHILD ASHI: So, I've spent a lot of my time training papa, I've mastered my spirit animal! What else is there until I can graduate your class?

ASHI'S FATHER: My dear, there is only a lesson you may learn now, about friends.

CHILD ASHI: My friends? What about them, so i have to defeat them first?

ASHI'S FATHER: HA HA HA! No, my dear child, friends are people more than someone you know, they are people you'd fight for, not against.

CHILD ASHI: Fight for?

ASHI'S FATHER: Yes. My dear one, you can indeed and most likely you will meet people you will fight for just as hard as you fight for this kingdom.

CHILD ASHI: People I fight for, that I'd love as my own kingdom.

ASH'S FATHER: Yes, my friends have died for me before. It is a feeling I hope you never encounter. But it does increase the passion and faith within this cruel world. If you find it need be, fight for them. And if you die in the process, so what. You'll be with the angels.

PRESENT TIME

ASHI: KILL THIS BASTARD!

YAMI: *Pierces his claw her stomach*

JIRO: NOOOOOOOO!

SHURUI: DAMNIT! ASHI!

HOKKY: *Coughs* n-...no.

SHURUI: We can't win this battle, WE CANT!

JIRO: *Eyes shaded black*

YAMI: Now, I don't know what message she was trying to leave you. I'll just have to slice her open and take that damn stone out of her.
*Throws body at Jiro* you can have that as you little memento.

JIRO: *Silent*

YAMI: Poor boy. He's still in shock. Alright, I'll just take you out while your in shock then.

JIRO: *Whispering* you're wrong.

YAMI: What?

JIRO: I got her message.

SHURUI: Jiro?

JIRO: *Reaches into pocket* she knew I had this all along, didn't she?

YAMI: What are you blabbering about kid.

JIRO: *Pulls out fire gemstone*

YAMI: WHAT? IS THAT...

SHURUI: YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO HIDE IT!

HOKKY: He's gonna...he really is gonna do it.

SHURUI: Do what Sensei?

HOKKY: Use it.

SHURUI: WHAT? BUT HE HAS A SPIRIT ANIMAL IT WILL ONLY KILL HIM!

JIRO: I know, Ashi. *Breaks stone with strong grip*

YAMI: NOOOOOO!

CHAPTER END