CHAPTER 19: A rebel princess?

Jiro and Hokky have just finished their battle with Ashi, the polar bear spirit holder, and they take her along their journey to save Shurui. Now they are 13 hours away on foot.

In a jungle, unknown location other than that

HOKKY: *wipes sweat* hooooooof! Who knew it could go from so cold to so hot in just 4 hours. We're almost to our destination.

JIRO: *gulping water* ahhhhhh. You know Sensei Hokky, we haven't taken a break once yet. I'm surprised we aren't dead.

HOKKY: Yeah, your right. The next town we can take a break in. But boy oh boy, thank the heavens for me being able to summon such a useful creature like arctic wolf. Although he's bad in heat and dryness, at least he can carry Ashi and keep up with our pace.

JIRO: Hey, speaking of Ashi. I noticed that she has a mark on her chest...but I only saw it for a couple of seconds before arctic wolf shook his head causing her undershirt to cover it up.

HOKKY: hmmmm? A, mark?

Hokky tells arctic wolf to stop, and with a closer look. He could actually see a mark on her chest as well.

HOKKY: Ohhhhh!!! You are right Jiro. There is a mark. But, I can't seem to make it out. It's, in cursive.

JIRO: Tsk! Move out the way let me see. *looks closely for some seconds* you know, Sensei Hokky, Ashi definitely is a c cup.

HOKKY: *slaps jiro* STUPID! I WASNT ASKING YOU TO LOOK AT HER BREASTS!

JIRO: OW OW OW! ALRIGHTTT FINE! I'll look at the tattoo. It says...snow...Snow Kingdom Royalty.

HOKKY: Wha-WHAAAAAT! SAY THAT AGAIN!

JIRO: what do you mean say it again! You heard me loud and clear.

HOKKY: Snow kingdom, that makes...that makes sense! It explains why she was young and pretty yet strong and combat ready. She's a, princess!

JIRO: WHAAAA!

HOKKY: Her spirit was strong, but when it caused you to have a headache due to coyote screaming in your head, he wasn't screaming due to excessive power in range, he could tell there was someone very important coming.

JIRO: Okay hold on. Let's try to put the pieces of the puzzle together. Actually...nahh, I'm not good at puzzles.

HOKKY: TAKE THIS SERIOUS!

JIRO: Alright! Alright! So, if she's a princess, it would explain the over amount of makeup and smooth complexion, she must be young. She did also have a headband on, but she lost it in battle. I remember it being white with some type of sparkles in it. Everything leads to her being some sort of princess I guess. But, what princess would be alone with no guards!

HOKKY: I think, we gotta wake her up.

Later that night, at 8 PM.

ASHI: *opens eyes slowly*

HOKKY: Oh, look who's awake.

ASHI: *scratches head and sits up* why am I in a sleeping bag? Why's there a campfire, and who the hell are you t-

A silence occurs for some seconds

ASHI: ATTACK! SLASHES!

Hokky deflects all the attacks and continues heating his hot dog over the camp fire.

ASHI: WHY DO YOU HAVE ME HERE! WHERE ARE WE! HEYYY! WHATS HAPP-

JIRO: Ahhhh shut up already, shut up already! You still are with us after we kicked your ass and we're setting up camp for the night. If anything, we gotta ask you some questions too.

ASHI: FOR ME? HA! YOU WINT GET ANSWERS!

JIRO: Okay, your majesty.

ASHI: That's what I th-....HEY!!! Why did you call me that. What do you know, who do you think you are!

HOKKY: I'm Hokky, the spirit holder of Arctic Wolf. This is Jiro, a young student of mine who is helping in defeating the evil spirits in this world trying to take over.

ASHI: I WASNT ASKING FOR AN ACTUAL INTRODUCTIONN! ITS A RHETORICAL QUESTION!

JIRO: Stop yelling. We just want to ask some important questions. Let me start, You're from the snow kingdom, and your the princess.  Right?

ASHI: *looks away* I don't have to answer that

JIRO: That's what your chest says, at least.

ASHI: *Slaps Jiro* YOU LOOKED AT MY CHEST!?

JIRO: HEY! LISTEN. I WANTED YOU DEAD, THANK THE OLD MAN FOR KEEPING YOU ALIVE OR YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN PREY!

ASHI: Hmph. Fine. I guess I could thank you a little bit. So what do you wanna know about me.

HOKKY: I wanna know everything. Your story, your past.

ASHI: *frowns a bit* my story, eh? Well, my story isn't one a princess would usually have.

HOKKY: Explain...

ASHI: Well, I'm the princess of the Arctic kingdom. Originally, were not from Tokyo. I ran away here. We're from greenland.

HOKKY: Wha-, Greenland!?

ASHI: mmmm. We originated from here but moved to Greenland once our ancestors learned about the spirits more and realized that we have too be in a snowy area for our spirits to have dominance over others. And truly build a strong kingdom. So they sailed over boat to Greenland, a country of all ice.

JIRO: Huh? Why not go to Antarctica or some place with a lot of snow?

ASHI: Well, Arctic spirits move well on snow, but also well on ice. Even if the animal has bad grip, they still move well on ice if they are arctic. But now to string all this to me. I was born under king Arlie and queen astice. The names not Japanese, but more European and majestic. My dads spirit animal was a shark, my mother didn't have a spirit animal. So when my country was attacked, that's probably why, she died.

HOKKY: attacked? Who attacked you?

ASHI: *looks down* it was unknown, all we could see was fire. So much fire. And blood. My dad sent me away on shark to a far distance about as far as the range of his spirit animal could reach. Back then I was only 6 years old. But I was smart. I ran away. And I used my spirit which I was new to, to rob from banks. I used that money to pay for a plane ride and then I came here and live don my own for 10 years.

HOKKY: ALONE! SO, YOUR 16!

ASHI: Yeah, I'm 16. Have always lived on my own. I can't ever go back to Greenland, who ever killed my parents, because I think they're dead, probably wants me next. Because my dad put this on me when he sent me away...*pulls out necklace*

HOKKY: OH MY GO-, THATS, A MYTHICAL GEM!!!

END