Chapter 49: The Stones

After the group had safely made it to Rokkurando and met some of Shuruis friends, the group of four had been in talks with King Pachi of the Earth Kingdom. They were talking about the moves of the next evil fire rebels.

JIRO: The boss, he was, here?

PACHI: Yes, the power was so strong I was gonna get ready to give it my all.

HOKKY: But why would he reveal himself in such an area?

SHURUI: Theres a reason besides protecting civilians in which this village is so important. There's a hidden, you could say, power.

PACHI: I trust you four to come see something with me. Guards, open up the doors and lead us please to the basement.

GUARD 1 & 2: Yes sir! *Unlocks doors and leads the group to the downstairs entrance*

PACHI: Follow me. *Leading the group down the stairs* now I know that you four have encountered the fire gemstone.

JIRO: Mhm.

PACHI: So, I'm sure Hokky has told you or even the princess about the story of the war and how all four kingdoms discarded the gemstones.

JIRO: Yeah, but the fire and water kept theirs, correct?

PACHI: Well, the gemstones can't be his forever. *Stops walking and turns around* they need a user.

JIRO: A used?

PACHI: It's almost like they're alive. They have too much power to just be kept hidden. Sometimes they move to a vessel or move close to one worthy in order to keep society perhaps balanced. In all the years of the gemstones they have never chosen a bad vessel.

SHURUI: But they rarely were used as well, correct?

PACHI: Yes. *Continues walking* what I'm leading you guys down to isn't just some weapon or isn't just some unforsaken power.

JIRO: Is it the earth gemstone?

PACHI: *Smiles* you're close kid.

JIRO: How much longer will we be walking for?

HOKKY: Shush Jiro. Be thankful we're being snowed something by the king! (I sense something strong however, something really strong).

PACHI: We seem to be at the end of the staircase now.

JIRO: *Sees long hallway ahead* Oh my lord, after all those stairs and we have a while mike of hallway?

ASHI: JIRO!

JIRO: Hmph.

PACHI: BWAH BWAH! Don't worry. We won't be walking down this hallway.

JIRO: Huh?

PACHI: *Steps down on a certain stone* Do you guys like slides?

ASHI: Huh?

JIRO: I mean they're fun alright!

SHURUI: Ha!

HOKKY: Oh no...

Suddenly from under them they fell down as the floor opened and they found themselves sliding down fast.

JIRO: WHOOOAAAAAAA!

ASHI: AHHHHHH! MY CLOTHES ARE GONNA GET RUINED!

HOKKY: PACHI WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!!

SHURUI: HAHAAAA!

PACHI: BWAH BWAH!

They finally hit the end and slid out in a big open empty room.

JIRO: *Faceplanted* oof. That was fun.

SHURUI: *Picks and stands Jiro up* we're here now!

HOKKY: *Wipes himself down* (I sense strong spirit energy similar to Jiro).

ASHI: Huh? What's that in the distance?

PACHI: Come. *Leads the group*

JIRO: Huhhhh?

Before them, in the wide open of this huge room, was a big square implanted in the ground sticking out shining with gold lining. The top of the square was a silver circle and the edges of this half box like shape were filled with more silver circles.

PACHI: Hmmm. *Grabs the top silver ball*

JIRO: (What on earth is he doing?)

HOKKY: (I understand now)

Suddenly the box had flowed and opened up and flowed from the inside. Powerful spirit energy emitted from within.

JIRO: *Jaw drops*

ASHI: No...no way...

PACHI: Here we have, THE EARTH STONE!

SHURUI: Ha Ha! It still looks beautiful!

JIRO: YOU KNEW ABOUT IT?

SHURUI: Well, honestly I forgot we had this, since we keep it so well hidden.

PACHI: You see, along with the kingdoms and the wretched past of the world, we want the gemstones as well to die with it. We created this with our finest blacksmiths to be opened up by those with only certain energy and once opened the gemstones themselves are magnetically connected down inside its placement.

HOKKY: So I'm guessing the reason you brought us down here wasn't just to make us feel special, eh, Pachi?

PACHI: This might be a big request but, indeed the four of you coming was a good thing. But also I do need you, girl, to do me a favor if you will!

ASHI: Uh, wha, what might that be?

PACHI: *Kneels*

SHURUI: KING?

PACHI: Dont call me a king, I hate that term.

HOKKY: (Hes list his mind!)

ASHI: But, I'm nothing but a former princess, FORMER!

PACHI: *Looks up* that necklace that you held so greatly, the stone with engraved kanji that says water, I know it might seem like a big deed, but please. For the sake of fulfilling this mission and not letting such power into the enemies hands. ALLOW US TO FULLY NULLIFY THE GEMSTONE!

ASHI: HUH?

END