CHAPTER 18: Strategy always wins

As left off, Hokky and Ashi are battling, Hokky, Blood all over, declares his win against Ashi. But he seems to be at loss.

HOKKY: *stares down Ashi*

JIRO: (Sensei Hokky seems really messed up right now, but I can tell by the look on his face, he's thinking of something)

HOKKY: *closes eyes and chuckles* Hmm hmm... it looks like this is all I need to win.

ASHI: *smerk on her face* PSHH... Let's see your next move. Hit me with it, old man.

HOKKY: *dips under the snow*

ASHI: HA! This is it? You did this already.

JIRO: Whats...Whats Sensei Hokky doing! HES GONNA LOSE!

ASHI: HA HA! Let me sniff ya out, old guy.

As ashi attempted to sniff out Hokky, she couldn't. Something was off.

ASHI: What the...I cant...WHERE ARE YOU OLD MAN! I CANT SMELL YOU! It's like...he disappeared!

JIRO: What the...Whats old man up to!

ASHI: WHERE...WHERE IS HE!

Suddenly, Hokky pops up behind her.

ASHI: WHA-

HOKKY: *brings out arctic wolfs claws* 100 STABBBB!!!

Hokky continuously stabs Ashi from behind, still, how he got behind her is unknown.

ASHI: *In pain* AHH! COUNTER ATTACK TIME! SLASHES!

Hokky moves out the way as he digs back under the snow.

ASHI: DAMN OLD MAN! AH! He got me, that old fool.

JIRO: Even I don't know how...he did it so smoothly. Sensei Hokky...he has moves he's never told me of.

ASHI: I'm done with this! POLAR BEAR! COME OUT!!

Ashi summoned her spirit animal, Polar bear. On all fours, he's 4 feet tall, 5.5 feet wide, a monster.

ASHI: *patting Polar bear* my sweet Polar bear. My popo, we won't get hurt again. Protect me.

JIRO: Hey...Dumb ass.

ASHI: Huhh? You! Ha! Calling me the dumbass, you know what. Good idea! I'm gonna kick your ass so the old man will have to protect you.

JIRO: Alright, you attack first.

ASHI: *coughs blood* (that attack hurt) POLAR BEAR! YOU ATTACK!

Polar bear rushes towards Jiro.

JIRO: Alright, let see what this big guy can do.

Polar bear drives his head into the snow as he quickly lifts it back up, with pounds of snow flying in front of him, Jiro couldn't see where polar bear is.

JIRO: SH- SHIT! Wheres that bastard!

A 15 second silence followed, the snow was still falling. Then, the snow cleared.

JIRO: *staring where polar bear is...hes...gone!! AND ASHI TOO!

But, from Jiros side...

ASHI: DUMMY! I SUMMONED HIM BACK AND MOVED TO THE SIDE WITH THE SNOW COVERAGE! RANGED SLASHES!!!!

JIRO: *dodges the slashes, But gets scraped by one, and lands back down* Not fast enough...I've learned a lot these past months.

ASHI: But...not enough. I NEVER SUMMONED POLAR BEAR BACK!

From behind jiro, as he now was facing towards Ashi, Polar bear rushed silently and quickly, only feet away from Jiro.

JIRO: Hmm hmm, I had tricks down my sleeve.

ASHI: What?

JIRO: *pulls out bones and kicks snow in front of him* GO FETCH!

As polar bear was blinded, all he saw and smelled was a bone flying, with his nose being one of his best traits, he foolishly followed the bones.

ASHI: NO POLAR BEAR! I FORGOT TO TRAIN YOU WITH THESE SITUATIONS! WHERE DID THAT KID GET THE BONES!

HOKKY: *comes back out of snow* Gotcha...DRILL!

Ashi was drilled, and with her weak body, she was cut badly and with that being the second attack she was hit with, fell...and Polar bear summoned back.

JIRO: YES! That plan you had, I realized a couple minutes after your attack! Your a genius Sensei Hokky!

HOKKY: Hmm hmm, don't compliment me, I'm used to using my brain in fights with the newbies. That's the best way to frustrate and defeat them.

ASHI: *on ground bleeding* Ah...gah.

HOKKY: Look who's still up. The brat.

ASHI: Shut up... *cough* old man.

JIRO: You think we should explain our plan?

HOKKY: Hm. Would she understand?

ASHI: I don't care.

HOKKY: Well, that's gonna make me wanna tell you more.

JIRO: It's alright, don't tell her your plan. She doesn't need to know when she's dead.

HOKKY: Were not gonna leave her here, Jiro.

JIRO: Wh- WHY?

HOKKY: We'll take her, and heal her up. Interrogate her. Who knows, maybe she can join us in our journey.

ASHI: I DONT WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOU TWO!

Hokky ties up Ashi and picks her up on his back. She falls quickly asleep from the injuries, and Jiro and Hokky follow their journey.

JIRO: Hey, uh, Sensei Hokky?

HOKKY: Yes, Jiro?

JIRO: You wanna explain your attack to me, how you got behind her and she couldn't smell you, I was kinda bluffing when I said I knew how, Heh heh...

HOKKY: I know. Hm. Let me explain. When Ashi sliced Arctic Wolf, i let her hold him close and cut him up, it was obviously on purpose. Although it hurt me, The blood from Arctic Wolf got on her nose and that had blinded her smell. I noticed that she had smelled me out before, that's what my first mole attack was for. So when she was smell blind from the blood on her nose, it allowed me to attack her. The snow was to frustrate her just in case she checked behind her. I purposely missed the spine during my stab attack, though, i wanted her alive.

JIRO: Ahhh, the rest I obviously know, you were the one who gave me the bones. When she sent polar bear after me the first time and threw all that snow in the air, I wasn't the only one who couldn't see the enemy. She couldn't see when you tossed me the bones we found earlier for the distraction.

HOKKY: You did well, Jiro.

JIRO: Hey, Sensei Hokky, how come you didn't call me young, eh?

HOKKY: Hmm hmm hmm. You've grown, that's why. Let's continue, be ready for more ahead.

JIRO: I'm ready...for the worst.

END