CHAPTER 13: A final light of hope

As time was ticking and Yoru was flying around barely missing Jiro with every slash, Coyote was thinking up a plan.

COYOTE: (Jirrrrrro! You must think too, not just use your feet).

JIRO: ITS HARD TO, I'm getting hit a lot, I must find a way, to escape. And to counter, but how...how can I pull it off.

A slash comes in and hits Jiro in the back

JIRO: GAHHHHH.

YORU: AHA! Let's get him while he's injured...SLASHHHHH! *sends a small but fast slash towards Jiro*

COYOTE: (DODGE, BOY!).

JIRO: I can't....my back...

KSHHHHHHHHH. Jiro seemed to be hit again.

YORU: He's done...He's on the ground.

BLACK WING: Wait a minute...LOOK CLOSER! YORU! ITS A LOG!

YORU: Huh?

KSHHHH!!!! A drill attack by Jiro in the air has landed on Yoru, specifically, his right spirit wing.

YORU: AHHHH! GET OUT OF HERE *Slaps Jiro with his left wing*

JIRO: GAHH! At least...I landed a hit! *hits the ground hard*

COYOTE: (Good move! Now that he's injured, he can't fly as well).

YORU: A pain in the ass! He jumped up this high...I praise him for that. But I still have the advantage, I won't get fooled again.

BLACK WING: (you can still stay airborne, just pay attention and don't be fooled again.)

JIRO: *runs again* that's was smart, Coyote. Taking a hit on purpose to raise his confidence totally created a blind spot, now he's not just without a spirit animal, But without good flight because of his wing too.

COYOTE: (Mmmmmmm, indeed. But you played a part too, that drill attack bringing out your spirit paws was amazing! You catch on fast, truly. But it isn't over. Keep ahead, Keep running).

JIRO: I got you! Let's keep, RUNNING!

YORU: Ahhh! He's fast! I underestimated him, he brought out his spirit paws of Coyote, sticking out his claws. Smart.

BLACK WING: (Listen, Don't send out big slashes, not only are they slow, but will drain your energy, with just one wing you can manage to fly and send out small slashes, not as much damage, but more will be sent out. Still, it will do damage.)

Both holders and their spirits continued their plan. Yoru was sending out small slashes with an injured wing, and Jiro was attempting to run with an injured back. This fight...on its climax!

BACK AT MOUNT FUJI

SHURUI: So, I don't understand, Sensei. *pours tea*, why would you not tell him about certain moves?

HOKKY: Jiro is smart enough, he can use his spirit and communicate back and forth, I believe that if Coyote has been good to him so far, it'll stay that way. I'm not sure why, but he has been. Jiro will make things up as he goes, he has that potential.

SHURUI: So your telling me, he can use those types of attacks?

HOKKY: Yes...ranged.

BACK AT BAKA BAKA

YORU: Ahhh! He's annoying, *deep breathe*, I will hit this...I'm sorry for going against you, Black Wing.

BLACK WING: (Hey! Why are you going for a big attack! YORU!)

YORU: BIG, SLASH!

The huge slash was sent down, but, in front of Jiro.

JIRO: *looks back* I coulda sworn I heard an atta- BWAHHHH!!!!

Jiro got hit again, but this time, the slash grazing his face, as he had run into it.

YORU: HA HA! You see, Jiro. I wasn't just firing blindly watching you run, I calculated the speed of your running, and knew the size and speed of the slash I could send out in front of you to hit you.

JIRO: *on the ground in pain* d- d- Damn! But I turned around and didn't see anything!

YORU: Let me finish, I took such drastic calculations in order to completely cover the slash within your blind spot when you turned around. And it worked.

JIRO: But why didn't you just kill me then instead of grazing me...

YORU: I wanted to see you torture...*flies down* hahaha, my calculations were correct, I can be smart instead of greedy.

BLACK WING: Hmmmm, a good move, Yoru. My faith in you must be stronger.

Yoru flies down and realizes as he lands, Jiro has disappeared.

YORU: What the, WHERE IS THIS SCOUNDREL THIS TIME.

BLACK WING: (Don't freak out! The kid is probably in the snow, that's where he has to have hid...if he's hiding then he's going for a close attack, Coyote doesn't have ranged attacks, and he hasn't been trained to.)

YORU: *starts digging through the snow* WHERE ARE YOU!!

BACK AT MOUNT FUJI

SHURUI: So if he can use ranged attacks...then...

HOKKY: An aerial spirit means nothing...and even if not in air, a ranged attack from the ground will hit... causing Yoru to....

BACK AT BAKA BAKA

JIRO: RANGEDDDDDD...SLASHHHH!!!!!

Jiro sends out a slash of his own, aimed right towards Yoru, vertically flying through the air.

YORU: WHAT THE!

BLACK WING: BEHIND YOU YOR-

KSHHHHHHHHHHH. Yoru, was sliced in half.

JIRO: I, I DID IT!

COYOTE: (No, we did it...boy).

END