wonder woman

October 31, 1969

Georgetown Memorial Hospital

Jack watched as his daughter walk unsteadily hand and hand with her best friend, both in there Halloween costumes. Kate had been determined all day to walk with Matt while they trick- or- treated on the pediatric floor.

She had woken up with pain in her chest, which was normal, so her and Jack snuggled, Jack didn't think that she would be able to trick or treat. But as always Kate had different plans, she put on her wonder women costume, to match Matt's Superman, and sat patiently till he arrived.

Kate started off in her wheelchair, against her will of Jack. But soon he lost that battle and here she was walking down the hall, with Jack trailing behind. She still wasn't much into  food/ candy, they where working on getting her to eat, slowly, but right now she was relying on the feeding tube for most nutrition. So she just kinda walked around with Matt, getting candy from a couple of nurses, still not really looking into it.

After they got done walking around, Jack could tell Kate was winded and tired, therefore he just picked her up and carried her. She quickly laid down her head down on his shoulder, and fell asleep. Once they got back to Kate's regular room, C- 17, Matt laid down next to Kate in bed, and as Jack looked away for a couple of minutes he turned around and both kids were fast asleep.

Kate of course was woken up around, 4:30, to get her feeds so Matt decided this was a great time to sit and go through his and Kate's candy. As a nurse started running her machines, she was very engaged on what candy Matt was pulling out.

"I want that one" she spoke very faintly pointing at a piece of candy Matt had taken out

"Alright!, What about this one?" He said pulling out one of Jack's favorites, a Snickers bar

"No, I don't really like chocolate"

And as he ate his candy, Kate ate her pedisure. They both were happy, and Jack really hadn't seen Kate genuinely happy like this for a while. As Kate and Matt talked, Jack and Lori, Matt's Mom, talked

"Jack, is it cold in here to you?" Lori spoke shivering, Jack looking directly at his wife that watched Kate from the far corner, holding her pointer finger to her lips and smiling big.

"No" he spoke shaking his head as Jackie's smile grew

"Oh, well I guess it was just me"

Jackie quickly walked over to Kate, and spoke.

"Your mommy's Wonder Woman, your so strong, a love you Kate"

You would think that she would be scared at a random voice in her ear, but Kate knew her mommy's voice.

As she ate small, ity bitty, bites of her candy she mouthed

"I love you mommy"