'my hero'

April 12, 1976

Washington D.C.

"My Hero is my mom. My mother Jacqueline Lee Kennedy gave birth to me in 1963 and also died in 1963. I never meet her, but she was truly amazing. She was born July 28th 1929 in Southampton New York, to my gramma Janet and my late grandpa John. Her and my father meet in 1952 when my dad was a senator. He later went on to become president of the United States as you all know, and since none of you guys are really into politics before your time you probably do not know my mother or what she did. She contributed to the renovations and renewal of the White House and Pennsylvania Avenue. Since she was pregnant with me her accompanying my dad on the campaign route came to a jolting stop. Therefore she gave interviews, taped commercials, and gave her famous White House tour that earned her this Emmy I hold in front of you today. While taking a break in January of 1963 in Hyannis Port, she was severely injured and suffered permanent damage to her lungs, all the while pregnant with me. She carried me to full term, and 4 days after her 33rd birthday she gave birth to me, but her lungs couldn't take the stress and she died minutes after I was born. My dad said that she knew, but she put me before herself, she didn't even know me. But her legacy continues through me, with all the pictures we have all over our house, such as this one, and my father and gramma's help I continue to learn more and more everyday. Thank You"

All of Kate's class jumped to there feet and clapped

"That was amazing Kate" Ms. Mauthews commented

And just as Kate sat down she saw her mother in a corner of the classroom clapping for her daughter. All Kate could do was smile

Once she sat down, Matt turned around to face Kate, who sat behind him.

"Your Mom was pretty great"

"How do you know?" Kate asked pretty confused

"Because your my best friend, and I wanted to know everything, so that if you ever had any problems I could help you, oh and I got curious" He said shrugging his shoulders

"Hey you wanna come over after school? Play football in the yard?" Kate asked Matt

"Yea sure" Matt said smiling

"It's a plan then"

"Matt, Kate please be quite"

"Yes Ms. Mauthews"

"Sorry" Matt said looking down at his desk

--

After school Jack picked up Kate and Matt. Immediately the two ran into the house.

"Hey, you two shoes off in the house!" Jack yelled

"Ok dad"

"Sorry Mr. Kennedy"

Backpacks where hung on the hooks and Jack made snacks as the two help each other on there homework.

"Daddy?"

"Yep?" He said looking up

"Look" Kate said holding up her 'My Hero' paper

"You got a 101?" Jack said picking Kate up and swinging her around

"Dad you have a bad back put me down!"

"It was pretty amazing Mr. Kennedy, highest grade in the class"

"Now that is my girl!" He said double high-fiving Kate

"Hey dad, me and Matt are going outside to play football in the yard, we'll be in later"

"Alright, be careful, don't tackle too hard, you know there is still a tube in your stomach"

"Yea I know dad we'll be careful, I promise"

"I won't go too hard, Mr. Kennedy"

As the two started to head outside Jack sat at the front table, 'working', but actually just watching as his girl played and played with her best friend out in the front yard. Just thinking about all the stuff she had been through, and yet she still strived like it was nobody's business, being top of her class, on the soccer team as mvp, and trying to play any other sport she possibly could. She was now independent, she made dinner for him when he was out late at work, she did her chores every day, and every night she could sanitize and hook herself up to her feeds, and every night after she went to sleep he made sure everything was good, and every night she gave him a kiss on the cheek and told him she loved him.