different

October 31, 1992

Washington D.C

John and Jack had become extremely close over Elizabeth's recovery time. Now it was Halloween and this was the first time that Elizabeth would be out of the house in over 2 weeks. Jack Sr. was in charge of Jack Jr., Matt had Josie, and of course Kate had Elizabeth.

Jack was a doctor, Josie was a pumpkin, and Elizabeth was Cinderella.

Elizabeth had been excited to ride around in her new "carriage" while dressed as a princess. Now Liza was occupied in a purple wheelchair, with splints on her legs to keep her bones from disintegrating anymore than they already have.

She could walk, with certain assistance but not for periods of time, so she mostly depended on her wheelchair. But tonight's she was an ordinary 6 year old who wanted to trick or treat with her brother and sister, while dressed as a princess.

-

Needless to say the cold October night was not Elizabeth friendly, and the family was back before seven. But that was okay, because they could enjoy the Addams Family and eat pizza while everybody else struggled in the cold.

Elizabeth was placed in the seat that moved up and down the stairs, while Kate walked up beside her. Once Kate unbuckled Liza and carried her into her room, she proceeded to put her pajamas on while Matt, Jack Sr., Jack Jr., and Josie prepared for the movie.

As the theme song played, Elizabeth cuddled into her papa, who will forever be her favorite. Josie sat in her rocker, and Jack laid with Kate.

At about 11:00 all was quiet in the house, Elizabeth was fast asleep in the arms of Jack with the sides of her bed railing way above her head, Jack Jr. was fast asleep in his room, while Kate's feeds ran while Matt cuddled up to her chest.

-

The next morning was crazy everybody ran around, trying to make it to the school on time. Today was Elizabeth's first day back with her wheelchair, she was excited as Kate wheeled her down the van ramp and into the building. Of course she was met by two of her close friends, one that would be assisting her throughout the day, Maggie and Josh. Kate kissed her daughter and watched as Josh followed oh so closely to Elizabeth, making sure she was okay, before leaving the building and walking Jack to the other side of campus.

As she drove home she remembered all the first days that Elizabeth had already had, well the three she had had. Each different and she couldn't wait to see what her daughter would pop out next year.