Finally Collided

"Cait..." Barry spoke still holding on to her. He felt her hands in between their chests. Caitlin looked up into his eyes and parted her lips. She slowly backed away so they were no longer touching.

"I'm sorry for bumping into you, I was trying to catch up to the girls." She explained. Barry let out a slight smile and Caitlin chuckled lightly.

"I-I can't believe you're here." Barry said in shock. He really couldn't believe it. She's standing right in front of him. Tucking her hair behind her ear. Letting out a smile.

"Me either," she began, "but I'm glad I did." That gave Barry such relief. At first, he thought she never wanted to see him again. Now he believes she'll give him a second chance to make up for it.

"Look, I'm so sorry. For everything. I didn't know how to handle that situation. My friends were putting thoughts into my brain but my heart knew that I wanted you. All along. Trust me Caitlin, I never liked Iris. I never will." Barry ranted. He wanted to say that for so long, but didn't know how to reach her. Caitlin sighed and looked down.

"Barry, don't apologize. That was so long ago. I thought about things, I have come to realize that you didn't mean to hurt me. It's just..."

"What?"

"Things have changed since then. I mean that was months ago. I live a few hours away now. My life is starting there, yours is starting here. Things have just changed. I'm sorry."

"Cait, what are you saying?"

"I just want you to be happy. Pursue your career. Live your life. I don't need to be in it."

"Caitlin, you're not leaving me again."

"Barry, think about it, think about your future. I did nothing put you in danger when we were together. My abusive uncle almost killed you. Twice. I left you for months hoping that you'd see that and never want to see me again."

"Caitlin, this is ridiculous! I want you in my life but all you keep doing is pushing me away."

"Why do you want me in it?!"

"Because I'm in love with you!"

The whole arena got quiet. At least, the people around Barry and Caitlin. Patty, Felicity, and Oliver looked over along with other random people. Caitlin and Barry didn't even realize because they were so deep in their conversation. Iris pushed Patty and Felicity out of the way to listen to the conversation.

"What?" Caitlin murmured with slightly widened eyes. Barry was still looking deep into her eyes.

"Yeah, that's right! I love you. I loved you this whole time. That's why it hurts, Caitlin. That's why I need you. That's why you can't leave." He spoke almost shouting. Caitlin slightly opened her mouth like she had to say something. She hesitated. She didn't want to say the truth because she was scared to. She didn't want to create a toxic relationship with Barry, but the words slipped out anyways.

"Oh yeah? Well I love you too!" She yelled back.

Felicity looked at Oliver with her eyes widened. Oliver gulped as Iris crossed her arms in envy.

"Wh-" Before Barry could even reply, he stopped himself and placed his hands on her cheeks as their lips passionately collided. Patty let out a smile feeling happy for her two closest friends. Felicity was still in shock, as was Oliver.

After the kiss, Caitlin looked up at Barry and then finally realized that people were watching them. She put her hand to her lips and Barry looked around. He looked behind him and saw Iris standing there. He rolled his eyes and looked back at Caitlin but she was walking away. He shook his head slightly and walked after her.