Team Effort

Henry looked at Caitlin. Her eyes were tired. He'd never seen her so distraught yet he knew exactly why she was.

     "Have a great day at school today, want me to walk you in?" Caitlin asked. Henry sighed and shook his head.

     "No, that's okay. Love you, have a great day." He said before kissing her cheek and walking out of the car. He ran up to Rosie and a few other friends. He was laughing and already having fun. Caitlin smiled and drove off. She was on her way to S.T.A.R. Labs. Even though things were rough between her and Barry, she still was a good set of hands to have on stand by. She walked in and sat down. It was early.

     Normally, everyone would come in at about 8:30 or 9:00 A.M., but Caitlin was there by 7:15. She walked over to the cappuccino machine that Cisco made and began to make some coffee. She didn't sleep at all last night. She was trying to figure out ways to catch that burglar. She was searching everywhere trying to use her common sense to figure it out, but she kept failing. Maybe she'd figure something out today.

     "Snow, what are you doing here?" A voice called out. Caitlin turned around holding her coffee mug.

     "Oh, Dr. Garrick. My apologies. I started early today." She explained before taking a sip. Jay nodded. He couldn't help but notice the research that was plastered all over Caitlin's desk and all of the tabs open on her computer.

     "What's all this?" He questioned. Caitlin set her mug down and walked over. She immediately started cleaning up the papers and organizing them.

     "Sorry. I was up all night trying to find the meta from yesterday." She responded. Garrick stopped her.

     "Hey, look at me." He ordered calmly. Caitlin sighed and kept looking away. Jay then put his hand on her cheek and she finally made eye contact. Jay examined her baggy eyes and her tired figure.

     "C'mon, you need to rest." He insisted before walking her to one of the medical beds in the next room. Caitlin sighed and shook her head.

     "N-No, I have to help. I'm getting close, I know it!" She argued. Jay kept walking her.

     "I'll take care of it. I promise." He comforted before helping her lie down. He rested her arm down gently and looked at her. Caitlin looked up at him.

     "Thank you." She mumbled before closing her eyes. Jay nodded and put his hand on hers.

     "Get some rest." He ordered with a slight smile. Caitlin was already out. She had been so sleep deprived. Jay was smiling but got interrupted when Barry walked in. He saw Jay and sped in the room. He saw Caitlin lying down on the bed and Jay took his hand away fast.

     "What the fuck are you doing?" He questioned. Jay furrowed his eyebrows.

     "Woah, Allen relax! She needed sleep. She's been up all night and she wasn't focusing." He explained. Barry walked over slowly to the bed and looked down at Caitlin who was sound asleep.

     "You could've just called me." He mumbled before looking at Jay.

     "I didn't think I was obligated." He responded. Barry glared at him and then sighed.

     "Sorry, I'm being a dick. I just-I messed shit up with her and I always took her to bed...You know whenever we were together." He said shaking his head. Jay nodded.

     "You don't need to apologize. We heard the fight, we understand." He comforted. Barry nodded.

     "Wait, why was she up all night?" He remembered now confused. Jay crossed his arms and began walking to the cortex. Barry followed him. Jay led him to Caitlin's research on the meta. Barry squinted his eyes.