Hurt and Speechless

Caitlin jumped up into his arms. Oliver caught her and hugged her tightly. Caitlin let tears stream down her face. His hair was freshly cut. He looked clean. He looked free.

     "Y-You're alive!" She exclaimed. Oliver smiled slightly. He was different. He had scars on him. Caitlin examined them quickly and looked up at him. Oliver sighed.

     "We should probably catch up." He muttered. Caitlin nodded. He then looked down at her and the two shared a kiss. She hadn't felt his lips against hers since before he left with his father.

     Barry watched from a distance until Oliver noticed him.

     "Allen?" Oliver called out. Barry walked over.

     "Man, I missed you." He replied. They shook hands and turned into a slight hug. Barry smiled as Caitlin stood watching. Patty stared at her. Caitlin looked over and slightly furrowed her eyebrows.

     "Nice to see you, Patty." Oliver called out before walking away with Caitlin. Patty waved as Barry walked back to her.

     "So, how are you? How's Henry?" Oliver asked. Caitlin shook her head.

     "He's...he's doing great. Cisco's picking him up from daycare. Normally, Garrick picks him up and talks his ear off about science, but Cisco did today- Wait, no what about you? How are you alive?" Caitlin replied starting to get worried. Oliver held her hand.

     "I didn't die on the boat. It washed away, yes, but I survived. I ended up on an island. It's a long story." He responded. Caitlin sighed and nodded.

     "I'm so glad you're here." She spoke. Oliver then looked at her.

     "Me too. I hate to be a mood killer, but what's Allen doing here?" He questioned. Caitlin moved her hair out of her face and stood in front of him.

     "Well, while you were gone, I finished off my college years and became a biochemist. I work here, which you knew already..." She began to explain but got confused. Oliver chuckled.

     "I called Felicity," he began, "I wanted to surprise you." Caitlin smiled at him.

     "Well, after being here, my team and I invented what we called the particle accelerator. Things went wrong and it exploded. Long story short, a dark matter went across the whole city and people might've been affected by it." She explained. Oliver furrowed his eyebrows confused.

     "What do you mean 'affected by it'?"He questioned.

     "They have powers. Abilities that seem impossible until proven otherwise." Caitlin replied. Oliver crosses his arms.

     "Prove it." He insisted. Caitlin raised an eyebrow and took him back to the cortex.

     "Barry, show Oliver." She ordered. Barry raised his eyebrows with slightly widened eyes.

     "O-Oh...Okay, Oliver what are you in the mood for, craving wise." He questioned. Caitlin smiled slightly and looked at Oliver.

     "Bourbon." Oliver answered in a serious tone. Caitlin looked at him and when she looked back over, her hair flew back and Barry had already returned. He handed Oliver the alcohol with a smirk. Oliver took it.

     "Super speed?" He asked. Barry nodded. Oliver chuckled.

     "Wow." He replied. Caitlin was looking at him.

     To break the awkwardness, Henry and Cisco came in laughing. Caitlin looked over and smiled.

     "Mommy!" Henry cheered before jumping into her arms. Caitlin picked him up and noticed the chocolate all across his mouth and cheeks, even dripping down his chin. She looked at Cisco who also had chocolate residue on his face. She raised her eyebrow while tilting her head towards him. Cisco slightly widened his eyes.

     "What? I went from just Cisco to Uncle Cisco!" He exclaimed. Henry smiled. Caitlin laughed as Barry smiled slightly. Oliver looked at Henry and became speechless. Caitlin looked at him.

     "Henry, this is Oliver. When you were just a baby, he helped take care of you!" She explained. Henry looked at Oliver and held out his arm for him to pick him up. Oliver smiled and picked him up.

     "Daddy?" Henry questioned. Oliver looked at Caitlin as did Barry.

     "N-No, Oliver is a great friend of mommy's." Caitlin replied. Oliver nodded and smiled at Henry. Henry nodded and hugged him. Oliver of course hugged back.

     "You've gotten so big!" He exclaimed. Barry was looking at Caitlin wondering when she was going to tell Henry who the real father is. Caitlin was looking down playing with her fingers. Patty then walked out pretending to be on the phone with someone. Barry didn't even notice. Henry then got down and looked at Caitlin.

     "Don't forget about tomorrow mommy!" He reminded. Caitlin looked at him.

     "Hm? Oh right! Tomorrow is Henry's first day of Kindergarten!" Caitlin said smiling and looking at Oliver. She turned her head to Barry giving the same expression, but he looked upset. He then walked out not knowing what to say. Caitlin's smile faded quickly and she looked down. Oliver looked at her. Henry went to her computer and started playing games.

     "Cait..." Oliver mumbled. Caitlin started to tear up.

     "I have to stop treating him this way." She muttered before stopping her tears from falling. Oliver sighed.

     "Right now, we need to figure out how to track the people with these abilities." Caitlin added before beginning to walk away.

     "I'll stay with Henry." Oliver called out. Caitlin nodded with a smile.

      "Thank you." She responded before leaving the cortex.

                                                •
     Barry was sitting in the bunker with his arms rested on his knees. He was sitting on the side on top of a ledge. He was deep in his thoughts. Caitlin walked in slowly, still playing with her fingers. Barry glanced at her and back at the ground. Caitlin sighed and sat down on the ledge across from him. They were sitting at least 7 feet from each other. Caitlin was looking at him trying to think of what to say.

     "I'm treating you terribly, I know that. It's just been a while since you've been around. I'm not sure how to handle it. Henry has no idea who his father is, he deserves to know." She finally spoke. Barry was looking at her. He looked sad. He had tears in his eyes. Caitlin let one fall.

     "Look, I know that ever since I've showed up, I've complicated things. Greatly. I-I just want to know my son. I have a right to be upset, you lied to me." Barry replied looking at her. Caitlin nodded.

     "I know. I lied. I screwed up. I'm sorry, Henry deserves to know." She responded while standing up. Barry looked up and also stood up. Caitlin looked up at him.

     "C'mon." She spoke while starting to walk.

     "Wh-Right now?" Barry asked. Caitlin chuckled and kept walking.

     "Yeah, let's tell him." She replied. Barry smiled and walked with her. The two walked into the cortex and immediately widened their eyes.

     There was a man with eyes of evil. He looked straight and Caitlin and Barry.

     "Ralph?" Caitlin called out. He stared at her.

     "Hello, frosty." He responded. Barry looked at Caitlin who was standing in confusion.

To be continued.

A/N: Ah hi guys this was insane sorry about the kind of short part, love you guys!