Believe in the Impossible Pt.1

Barry was still in the hospital. Still unconscious. Patty was sitting on the chair at his bedside. She was holding his hand and never wanted to let go. She had dark circles under her eyes. It had been a rough week of Barry being unconscious. Patty hadn't slept at all. She just stayed next to him. Waiting. Worried.

"Please come back, okay? Please." She whispered before kissing his hand. The nurse then walked in to check on Barry.

     "How is he?" She asked while walking over with her clipboard. Patty sighed.

     "Same as before." She responded. The nurse sighed and started to look at his vitals.

     "It's so strange. He's completely healthy, yet still unconscious." She mumbled to herself. Patty sighed and stood.

     "I'll let you finish up, I'm gonna go get a coffee." She spoke before walking out. The nurse nodded and continued checking Barry.

     Patty was walking down the hall when she saw someone familiar at the front desk. She walked over slowly.

     "Iris?" She called out. Iris turned her head to Patty.

     "Oh my god, Patty!" She said before rushing over and hugging her.

     "How's Barry?!" She questioned in concern.

     "Not sure yet. How did you know he was injured?" Patty replied. Iris have a slight chuckle.

     "Word gets around. It's not that big of a city," she answered. "can I see my Barry?" She added. Patty furrowed her eyebrows and forced a laugh.

     "You know, the five years that you haven't been here were actually really good. I wish I was struck by lightning so that I didn't have to hear this bullshit. You can visit him in your dreams." She replied before walking to the coffee machine. Iris glared at her and starting backing away.

     "You'll pay for that." She muttered. Patty gave a fake smile.

     "You really are the same irrelevant bitch from high school." She said before turning away and making her coffee. Iris then walked away in anger.
                                               •
Patty made her way back to the room and set her coffee down. She then held Barry's hand again.

"I really wish you were awake so that I didn't sound like a crazy person talking to their unconscious lover." She said before closing her eyes and holding his hand close to her. Suddenly Barry opened his eyes and looked at Patty. He was being healed for some reason.

     "Patty?" He called out in a strong voice. Patty opened her eyes and looked at him. She let a tear fall.

     "B-Barry?!" She questioned before standing. It was so strange, especially to Patty. He had been completely healed.

     "How much pain are you in?" She asked still confused. Barry shrugged.

     "I don't feel any pain." He answered with a slight smile. Patty smiled and kissed him. He kissed back and hugged her.

     "Bad date. I'm sorry, I'll make it up to you." He comforted. Patty laughed hugging him back.

     "It's okay, Barry. I'm just glad you're okay." She said smiling. Barry stopped hugging her and moved her hair out of her face.

    "I'm okay." He said while tucking her hair behind her ear. Patty smiled brightly and kissed his cheek.

     "I'll go get the nurse!" She exclaimed. Barry shook his head.