Part 4: 𝓕𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓷𝓭𝓵𝔂 𝓝𝓮𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓫𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓭 𝓢𝓹𝓲𝓭𝓮𝓻-𝓜𝓪𝓷

"In this business, Parker, you don't get to decide who knows what

"In this business, Parker, you don't get to decide who knows what."
~*~
Word Count: 2586

2 months later...

I ran into Peter on my way into school and we walked to our lockers.  Mine came up first so we went there and I dropped off my coat and grabbed my Chemistry books.  Then we walked to his locker.  As Peter put his coat in his locker, Ned walked up and held a LEGO Darth Sidious on his shoulder and said,
"Join me and together we'll build my new LEGO Death Star!"

Peter and I turned around almost in sync, wide-eyed and exclaimed,
"WHAT?!"

We heard some of the cheerleaders behind us look at us weird and whisper, "So lame..."

"That's awesome, man!  How many pieces?"  Peter asked.

"3,803!"

"That's insane!"

"I know!  So, do you guys want to build it tonight?"  Ned asked as we all started walking to Chemistry.

"Yeah!  That sounds awesome!"  I accepted.

"How 'bout you, Peter?"

"No, I can't tonight.  I have the Stark-".

"Stark Internship."  Ned didn't let Peter finish.  We had heard this excuse many times before.  To me, it's code for "I got Spider-Man stuff to do" or "I'm waiting for Mr. Stark to call me about our next mission".  I'm "in" the "Stark Internship" too.  But Peter's "further up the chain" than me, so he's more busy.  I usually only use that when Mr. Stark needs me to work on updating Friday or making a new suit or invention of some sort.

"Yeah, exactly."

"Always got that internship."

"Yeah, well, hopefully it'll lead to a real job with them!"

"That would be so sweet.  He'd be all 'Nice job on those spreadsheets, Peter.  Here's a gold coin."  Peter and I chuckled and looked at Ned funny.  He shrugged.  "I don't know how jobs work."

"That's exactly how they work."  I told him.  Peter chuckled.

"Kathryn and I can knock out the bones of the Death Star.  We'll come by afterwards.  For the most part, the difficult thing is the base of it.  The top half we can knock out in two hours, tops."  Ned explained.

"That'd be great..." Peter seemed a bit distracted, so I nudged him in the direction of our Chemistry class. 

Throughout the day, Peter seemed very distracted.  He'd been like this for the past few weeks, so I did my best not to question it.  At lunch, they watched Liz (this senior girl that literally everyone including Peter and Ned have a crush on) as she put up a poster for Homecoming.
"Did Liz get a new top?"  Peter asked.