Part 19 : 𝓐𝓭𝓻𝓲𝓯𝓽

⭐️

"You would've liked him

"You would've liked him..."
~*~
Word Count: 1516

⭐️ = Has been updated to follow the exact script
⭐️⭐️ = Has been updated to follow the exact actions/visuals

Previously on "Best Friends"...

"Kathleen..." Strange said. Mr. Stark and I turned around. "There was no other way..." then Strange followed.

As I turned from Doctor Strange turning to dust, I saw Tony walk up to me staring at his hands which were quickly dusting away as well.

"TONY?!" I quickly held him as tight as I could. "N-No. Dad, please don't go! Don't go!" I screamed.

"Leen-Bean—" before he could finish, he disappeared. I was left hyperventilating and staring at the ground in front of me.

"Kathy?" I heard Peter whimper and my heart plummeted. I looked at his eyes that were glazed with pain.

"I don't feel so good..." he said as he stumbled and I caught him.

"Y-You're okay..." I said, hoping that if I said that it would be true. He gripped onto my shoulders, crying.

"I don't wanna go-I don't wanna go, Kathy!  Please!  Please, don't let me go!  Don't let me go!"  Peter cried and helped him to the ground and cupped his face.

"You aren't going any-anywhere! You have to stay with me! You're alright!" I cried, breathing uncontrollably. He looked at me, small rivers streaming down his cheeks. I held his hand tight and pressed my forehead against his. "Please don't leave me..." I sobbed.

"I'm sorry..." he whispered as the hand I was once holding turned to dust and the forehead I was leaning against disappeared.

I sat up, seeing the lonely, dry, and deserted canvas. I let out a scream at the top of my lungs, and collapsed on my hands and knees, bawling. As I did, I sent everything around me flying back, destroying the planet even more than in was before, leaving me in a sort of crater.  I sobbed and hit the ground for no reason in particular, mostly in anger, panic, and denial.

Once my hands and knuckles were all bruised and sore, I fell to my side, praying this would all just be a dream as I sobbed, screamed, and gripped at the ground, holding what used to be my best friend.
"PETER, PLEASE!"

*Nebula's POV*

I steadied myself after that girl's outburst. My heart, in a strange and unpredictable way pulled for her. I knew how she felt.