Part 10: 𝓙𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓚𝓲𝓭𝓼

"Goodbye to the only true friends I've ever had

"Goodbye to the only true friends I've ever had."
~*~
Word Count: 1669

Peter got detention and so that afternoon I walked to the train station alone.  Ever since the fight in Germany, Peter would walk me home when he didn't have stuff to get from the store for May.  I went home, and started working on my homework.  I got most of the way done when my dad ran past yelling, "LEEN-BEAN, SUIT UP!"  As he ran to his office I peeked my head out.

"Cap?"

"NO, PETER!"  I cursed under my breath and used my telekinesis to fly down to my office faster.  I got in my suit which was mostly used for when I needed protection, but now was different.  Before I knew it I was flying to Peter's location based on Friday's directions. 

~*~

Before long, we reached the ocean, where there was a ferry... split in two.  With Spider-Man holding it together with two webs shooting out of his hands.  At this rate, he was going to be ripped in two like the ferry already had. 
"Tony-!"  I started.

"I'll hold the ship together, you get Peter."  I nodded and saw Tony shoot rockets of sorts to the sides of the ferry that held it up.  Peter noticed and turned his head, seeing Tony.

"Hi, Spider-Man.  Band practice, was it?"  I flew in and wrapped my arms around Peter's chest from behind.  With Peter in hand, I flew away snapping his webs and let Tony do his thing.

"What the?  Who are you?!"  Peter asked, squirming, unable to see my suit and recognise that it was me.  I opened my helmet, keeping my angry eyes on the sky.  "Kathy!"  I could feel his heart sink.  "Kathy, I'm sorry!  I'm so so sorry!"  I put Peter down on the top of the ferry. 

"Save your breath.  This is out of my control, Pete..." he dipped his head down and looked at Mr. Stark who was finishing putting the ship back together.  I placed my hand on his shoulder before flying off. 

~*~

Peter tried to help, but after losing to Mr. Stark, he sat defeated at the top of one of the nearby building, mask off, watching the ferry.  I landed and hopped out of my suit.  I took a deep breath and gently put my hand on his shoulder. 

He glanced up and when he saw it was me, his eyes glazed over and he looked back to the water.  He didn't say anything and neither did I.  I just sat next to him and rested my head on his shoulder. 

~*~

A short while later, we heard Tony land.  We both knew it was him so we didn't turn, but I looked at Peter.
"Previously on Peter Screws the Pooch... I tell you to stay away from this.  Instead, you got Kathleen (who's another situation all together; not done with you, by the way) to hack a multi-million dollar suit... so you could sneak around behind my back... doing the one thing I told you not to do."  He lectured.