Part 17: 𝓞𝓷𝓮

"One

"One."
~*~
Word Count: 2074

They explained who they were, apparently they're called the Guardians of the Galaxy and met Thor when an Asgardian ship was attacked by Thanos.  The guy who held a gun to Peter's head is also named Peter, Peter Quill.  The grey guy is Drax and the girl in green is named Mantis.  We went outside the ship to look at the planet which is called Titan according to the Guardians.  Quill was testing the planets gravitational pull.
"This planet is 8 degrees off its axis, gravitational pull is all over the place."  Mantis and I started jumping on the ground like a trampoline while Peter watched snickering.

"Yeah, we got one advantage, he's coming to us."  Tony said.  Then, I stopped jumping and Peter and I went to Mr. Stark. 

"We need a plan." I said, walking over.

"Yeah, and I got one.  Or at least the beginning of one.  We just wanna pin this guy down, get what we need.  Definitely don't wanna dance with this guy, we just want the gauntlet-" Tony's explaining was interrupted by Drax yawning.  "Are you yawning?!  In the middle of this, while I'm breaking it down?"

"I stopped listening after she said we need a plan."  Drax admitted. 

"Yeah, you see, not winging it isn't exactly what they do."  Quill explained, uninterested in coming up with a plan.

"Uh, what exactly is it that they do?"  Peter asked.

"Kick names, take a--."  Mantis said.  I could feel my brain losing cells as I mentally rolled my eyes and looked at Tony.  He sighed.

"Alright, just get over here, please."  Quill nodded and we all circled up (except for Strange).

"Tony's right.  We need a plan, because if all we come at him with is a plucky attitude-"  I was interrupted by Quill.

"Dude, don't call us plucky.  We don't know what it means.  We're optimistic, you see, I like your plan,"  he explained gesturing to Tony.  "Except it sucks, so let me do the plan, that way it might be really good."

"Tell them about the dance off to save the universe."  Drax said.  Quill shook his head, but Peter lit up.

"Like in Footloose, the movie?"

"Exactly like Footloose!  Is it still the greatest movie in history?"  Quill asked.

"It never was."  Tony grabbed Peter's shoulder.

"Don't encourage this."  Tony said.  Peter shrunk back in embarrassment.  "We're getting no help from Flash Gordon here."

"Flash Gordon?  By the way, that's a compliment!  Because I'm half human.  So that 50% of me that's stupid?  That's 100% you three."

"Your math is blowing my mind—" Tony was cut off by Mantis.

"Uh, excuse me?  But does your friend often do that?"  Mantis asked as she looked at Doctor Strange who was floating and twitching with green waves floating around him.