Part 23: 𝓛𝓮𝓽'𝓼 𝓐𝓿𝓮𝓷𝓰𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓤𝓷𝓲𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓮

"Whatever it takes

"Whatever it takes."
~*~
Word Count: 1240

We were now suited up and standing on the platform while Steve gave us his usual pump-up speech. 

"You know your teams.  You know your missions.  Get the Stones, get them back.  One round trip each.  No mistakes.  No do-overs.  Most of us are going somewhere we know.  But that doesn't mean we should know what to expect.  Be careful.  Look out for each other.  This is the fight of our lives.  And we're gonna win."  I looked at Steve both worried and excited.  "Whatever it takes." Steve said, looking back at me and for the first time, I gave him a gentle smile and small nod.  "Good luck." 

"He's pretty good at that."  Rocket muttered to Scott.

"Right?"

"All right, you heard the man, stroke those keys, Jelly Green."  Rhodey said to Bruce. 

"Trackers engaged."  Bruce said, leaving the computer and stepped up to the platform.  Rocket handed Clint a shrunken version of the Benetar.

"You promise to bring that back in one piece, right?"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, okay."  Clint replied, holding onto it tight.  "I'll do my best."

"As promises go, that was pretty lame."  Rocket murmured, rolling his eyes.

"See you in a minute." Natasha smiled at me, to which I reflected brightly.

"Sync up." I raised my armoured fist and the rest of the team copied me. "3... 2... 1." Then, we all clicked our devices and the time machine activated.

One by one, each of our helmets flipped over our faces and we awaited the machine's activation. I looked at Nat one last time and nodded to which she nodded back. Before I knew it, we were shrinking down and falling through the portal and through time.

NEW YORK
2012

Steve, Scott, Bruce, and I suddenly snapped into the fight of New York.
"Holy sh--!" I exclaimed, watching the overwhelming amount of giant aliens overhead. "They seemed so much smaller from the tower."

"Okay, Banner, the Sanctum is about two blocks that way." Steve pointed and suddenly, the Hulk appeared and smashed everything in his path, from aliens to cars to lampposts. Once he was out of view, we turned to Bruce again. "Maybe smash some things along the way."

Bruce reluctantly nodded, ripped off his shirt, revealing his large green body and started down the streets.

"Alright, the other two are in Stark Tower." Steve nodded to the large tower.