Part 33: 𝓑𝓪𝓬𝓴 𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓖𝓪𝓶𝓮

"I have a mission for you

"I have a mission for you."

INTRODUCING

CHLOË GRACE MORETZ as Megan Sommer

~*~
Word Count: 997

I was sitting on my couch in the Parkers' apartment with Peter's head resting on my lap. We were watching a movie, but Peter said he was getting tired and wanted to lay down. I was combing through his curly hair with my fingers and his eyes eventually fluttered shut as he fell asleep, causing me to smile slightly. Suddenly, my phone rang and I picked it up, seeing an unknown number was calling me. I accepted the call and put the phone to my ear.

"Hello, this is Kathryn?" I greeted, expecting some automated voice to follow.

"You've gotta come up with a better fake name, Stark." I immediately recognised the voice as Nick Fury.

"Fury. Took you long enough, I was getting bored." I said with a chuckle.

"I have a mission for you."

"Do you want me to bring Spider-Man, too? I've got him right here—asleep, but here." I asked, looking down at a now asleep Peter.

"No, this mission is a bit personal."

I cocked an eyebrow. "Well, I also have school starting in a month, how long will this take?"

"Hopefully, not long, but if it cuts into your school year, I can have someone take over. Maximoff, most likely."

"Wait, why is this personal again? Does it have to do with—"

"Outside the building, black van, Maryland license plates, tinted windows. Now." And with that, he hung up.

~*~

I walked outside the apartment building and sure enough, there was a black van with Maryland license plates and tinted windows.  I walked around to the front, passenger seat and hopped in.  "Good evening, Fury.  Can't sleep?"

"I never do."  He deadpanned.  "Stark, this is Agent Sommer, she'll be assisting you on your case."  He gestured to the backseat and I turned to see Maria Hill and a woman with long blonde hair and she looked no older than 25. 

"Call me Megan."  She said, stretching out her hand and I shook it.

"Kathleen."  I nodded in reply.  "So, what exactly is my very personal case?"

"It's Strucker." He said and my eyes widened and my lips parted due to the sudden chill that went down my spine at the saying of his name.

"That's-That's impossible." I gasped. "He's dead."

"Baron Strucker is, but another Strucker popped up on our radar. We are currently exploring the idea of it being his son, Jason." Megan explained. "I can explain more when we get back to base. Are you in?"

I was fueled with the hatred that resulted from my childhood traumas and glared at her, determined, "Hell yeah."

~*~

Screens surrounded me as Fury, Maria, and Megan explained what we knew.

"When Baron Strucker first was given the Maximoff twins and the Mind Stone, he had very little knowledge on how to use it so he experimented." Maria explained, gesturing to security videos of Wanda and Pietro being experimented on by Strucker and the Stone. I sharply inhaled and turned my head away, guilting Maria, who quickly turned it off. "I'm sorry, Kathleen."

"Just continue." I shook it off.

"Of course, um, yes. So, his experimentation turned them into powerful weapons that Hydra decided to use when they felt they had no more options or they were facing an enemy they felt was out of their league. They soon realised how valuable they were and so they sought out more children they could experiment on, but no child was able to withstand the torture." 

I looked over and saw missing posters for Sokovian children who would never return.

"So the program was put on hold and Strucker was moved back to recruiting Hydra soldiers.  He came across one in a small village in Sokovia, Danilo Mendoza, a strong, Filipino young man with a wife and one daughter..." 

"Me."  I finished.

Fury nodded.  "When the soldiers aimed their guns at her, he couldn't let them kill her, so he stood in the way, being killed the process.  Little 3-year-old Rosamie Mendoza fought the soldiers as best as she could which impressed Colonel Strucker enough to take her to the experimentation base.  There, the program was secretly picked up again and after the experimentation on the Maximoffs, they new a bit more of what they were doing.  After you were fully powered, Strucker moved onto his next test subject..."

"His son, Jason Strucker."  Megan finished, gesturing to the screen in front of us which had a picture of him up as well as footage of his experimentation.  "He was able to give his son the ability of illusions within someone's brain."

"Megan, stop being so dramatic."  I scoffed.  "I can do that.  If that's all, we have nothing to worry about!"  I laughed and Fury stepped forward, an serious look on his face.

"They're nothing to scoff at, Stark."  He warned and I looked at him. 

"These illusions are so large scale, you could live your whole life and have no idea that it was all an illusion." Megan explained, with a sad look in her eyes.

My eyes darted across the screens as I tried to think of how I could stop him. "Okay, you guys win." I admitted, turning so I could see the other screens. "So where is he now?"

"No one knows." Fury shrugged. "He's like a magician, as soon as we find him, he disappears as if he knew we were coming."

"We do know where he's going to be though." Megan spoke up and I turned my head towards her.

"Where?" I asked.

"You're gonna need a dress." Megan said, nodding towards a screen behind me. A page with the Buckingham Palace came to the front.

"God, save the queen."

~*~

A/N: Hey, guys! I changed Kathleen's superhero name to Phoenix if you haven't noticed. I just felt like Karma didn't really fit her. I hope you guys like it!