Part 11.5: 𝓓𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝓛𝓮𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓜𝓮

"Don't you dare close your eyes

"Don't you dare close your eyes."
~*~
Word Count: 1214

I fell to my knees in front of Kathleen, my heart racing.
"Kathy? KATHY?!" I held the sides of her pale face and called for her. "Kathy, wake up!"

Her eyes droopily opened, and my heart warmed a little with hope.
At least she isn't dead.
"Peter..."

"Kathy, look at me!  You hear me?!  Don't you dare close your eyes."

"I guess I should've let you take me to the hospital, huh?"  She chuckled, but then it turned to coughing out blood.  I quickly helped sit her up and noticed her beginning to sleepily drop again.

"No!  Stop that.  You sit up."

She looked up at me and I was caught off guard. 
She isn't sad or in pain... or angry... she's... happy... proud.
She touched my cheek and I melted into her touch, a tear streaming down my face which she gently wiped away.
"I'm so proud of you, Pete... I thought helping you become Spider-Man would be the dumbest thing I'd ever do, but look at you!"  She coughed again, and I held her head to my shoulder and cradled her in my arms.  "You're amazing, Peter..."  I squeezed my eyes shut and I felt her clammy hand fall from my face.

"No... No!  NO!"  I screamed, shaking her dying body.  I felt her pulse as it began to slow. 

"I'm so tired..."  She muttered.

"Hold on, Kathy..."  I took a deep breath, mentally mapping the way to the nearest hospital.  "You are not going to die."  I said, determined.

I wrapped her arms over my shoulders and began webbing my way to the hospital.

~*~

I have never swung so fast in my life; I felt like I was going to be sick, but I couldn't let that stop me.  Then, I felt a weight lifted off my shoulders and looked down to see Kathy falling. 
"Damn it!"  I immediately shot a web at her, catching her.
She's losing strength... I don't know how much longer she has...

And luckily, after minutes that felt like hours, I got her to the hospital and sprinted in with her in my arms.
"Hey!  Someone, help me!"  I screamed and nurses ran out and helped her onto a stretcher and immediately began operating.  I was left helplessly watching from the side, holding my throbbing head in my shaking hands. 

Doctors then ran out and she began getting rolled down a hallway.  I trailed behind, but a nurse stopped me at a certain point.
"I'm sorry, sir, but this is as far as you can go.  We'll take it front here."

"Is she gonna be okay?!"

"We'll do our best."  Then the nurse disappeared through the doors and I was left looking through the small window at my best friend's bloody body being rolled into an operating room.