Part 42: 𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰

"You do not ghost Nick Fury!"~*~Word Count: 2631

~*~
Word Count: 2631

It's the last week of school: finals week.  Doomsday spread across a week.  The week that makes or breaks your entire future.  It may be an exaggeration, but when it comes to finals, it's either all an exaggeration or not of it is.  Peter has been super stressed, mainly about our Human Body Systems class final tomorrow, a class I exceed in, and I was helping him study.  We were in our bedroom, sitting across from each other on his bed, studying the Skeletal and Muscular Systems.  "What is this bone called?"  I asked, pointing to the inside of the lower half of my arm. 

"The... ulna?"  He guessed and I shook my head.

"That's close, you got them switched up again."  I pointed to the outside of the lower half of my arm.  "This is the ulna so,"  I pointed back to the inside, "this is the..."

"Radius?"  Peter guessed again and I furrowed my brows.  "What?  Did I get it wrong?"

"You got it right, what's bothering me is that you aren't being confident."  I pointed out and reached over, grabbing his hands.  "You know this!"  I exclaimed.  "I know you do!  So be confident!"

"I can't 'just be confident'!  I'm not like you."  He said with a shrug, pulling his hands away and resting his elbows on his knees.  "I'm not a Stark, I don't live with superheroes, I didn't invent time travel, I was just bitten by a spider one day."  He said, sadly and I moved my books off our laps so I could get closer to him.

"Pete, where's this coming from?"  I asked.  "Has Flash been saying stupid stuff again?"

"No, I mean, he never stopped, so that isn't it.  It's just—I've been going to all of these charity parties, interviews, and meet-ups.  And they make me realise how little I've actually done.  All everyone talks about is the plane sophomore year, the spaceship, and the battle with 2014 Thanos."  Peter explained, looking away and fiddling with his hands.

"Peter, are you listening to yourself?"  I asked, looking straight into his dark brown eyes.  "You saved loads of super advanced and dangerous technology from being in the wrong hands, you survived a trip to outer space—"

Peter looked at me with squinted eyes and an eyebrow raised.  "Did I really though?"

"Okay, so you died, but you came back to life and fought off an alien army!"  I exclaimed.  He just sighed and looked at his hands.

"Kathy, look, I know you're trying to make me feel better, but I just—"  he was cut off by his phone ringing.  He picked up and put it to his ear.  "Hey, May."  I put my ear by his so I could hear May.

"Peter Parker, where are you?!  The party's starting in 5 minutes and you're presenting the check!  So where are you?!"

"Sh--!"  He dropped his phone and jumped off the bed.  "ROBERT!"