Part 43: 𝓣𝓻𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓗𝓲𝓶

"If you trusted my father, then please trust me

"If you trusted my father, then please trust me. And if you trust me, then please trust him."
~*~
Word Count: 1558

IXTENCO, MEXICO

I looked out the window at the desert scape that Fury was speeding past.  I looked ahead and saw a destroyed city, it looked like a tornado had plowed through it.  My lips parted as I heard children crying in the city.  "Maria..."  I gasped and she turned around in her seat, noting the light layer of tears that glazed my eyes and my horrified face.  She sighed and bit her cheek, turning to Fury who kept his eyes on the road as he carefully drove through the city.  Then, he parked and turned off the car.  We all got out and I scanned the area.

"Nick, this was a tradegy, but it isn't why we're here."  Maria said as Fury kept walking.  

"Witnesses say the cyclone had a face."

"Well, people see things when they're scared."  Maria tried to reason with him.  Suddenly, a wave of green mist flew down and Maria and Fury whipped out their guns.  I ignited my powers and suit, and once the mist faded, we saw a man in a strange outfit that reminded me of Doctor Strange.

"Who are you?" He asked, panting. I opened my mouth to respond, but then, there was a huge explosion of rocks behind Fury, Maria, and I and we spun around. A giant figure of rocks had burst from the ground and, sure enough, it had a face. "You don't want any part of this." He said, flying up and blasting the giant with his green smoke. I followed him up and sent blasts of gold energy at the giant.

"I can help!" I shouted to him. "What can I do?"

"Get people away!" He ordered. "I'm the only one who can stop him!"

"It's that kind of cockiness that gets you killed!" I said, stopping a boulder from crashing onto a woman. As I was, another one flew at me and I used the first one to destroy the second one.

"It's my kind of strength and power that can save the world." He said and I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"You'd think he's never met another person with powers before." I muttered. I turned and saw Fury and Maria shooting at the giant. I rushed over. "You guys have to go and help get people to safety!"

"You don't give me orders, Stark." Fury said, coldly. Just as he did, a boulder came flying at us. I created a shield and it crashed on the gold wall, shattering to the ground.

"The next time you stop a boulder with your bare hands, let me know." I looked at the giant and noticed a weak spot in between the stone chest plates. I made a mental note and turned back to them. "Listen, you get people out and then you call Peter Parker, Spider-Man."