Part 28: 𝓘 𝓐𝓶...

⭐️

"I

"I... am... Iron Man."
~*~
Word Count: 1220

"Knock, knock."  I had never felt so relieved to see Carol since she saved me from space.  She held out her hand and helped me up, pulling me into a warm hug.  "You okay, kid?"  She asked me quietly and I nodded.  "Good.  I can't have you dying on me now."

I chuckled and rolled my eyes.  "It's nice to see you back, Carol."  I then remembered Peter hadn't met her and I turned to see him still on the ground, holding the gauntlet in a death grip.

"H-Hi.  I'm P-Peter Parker."  He stuttered and Carol smiled.

"Hey, Peter Parker.  You got something for me?"  She asked and Peter wobbled up, with my help, and his eyes darted to the terrifying scene around him.

"I-I don't know how you're gonna get it through all that."  He warned, passing the gauntlet to her.

"Don't worry."  I answered for her.  "She's got help."  I looked up at her, winking.  Many other female warriors gathered around us as well: Hope Van Dyne, Mantis, Nebula, Pepper in her new suit that I had designed, but Tony put together, General Okoye of Wakanda, Princess Shuri of Wakanda, Wanda, the Asgardian I heard, and a green alien lady I assumed to be Gamora based on interactions I saw between her, Peter Quill, and Nebula during battle. 

I planted a kiss on Peter's cheek,  "Stay safe."  I whispered and he nodded.  I smiled at him one last time and then turned to face the army awaiting me.

All of the female warriors who were now banding together charged and used their own unique skills to fight the alien pawns.  I fought back-to-back with Wanda, the both of us using our similar powers to fight.  "So, Kathleen, you're copying my powers now, aren't you?"

I chuckled at her confusion and slight jealousy.  "Don't get jealous just because I have the better colour."  I teased.

"Are you kidding me?"  She scoffed.  "You know I've always loved red."  She rolled her eyes and we continued fighting.

~*~

Across the battlefield, I saw Thanos and Tony fighting over the Stones and my heart dropped when I saw Thanos with the gauntlet on. 
No... no, not again...

"I am... inevitable."  He smiled evilly as he snapped his fingers.  I flinched, but nothing happened.  I notice the Stones missing from the gauntlet and saw them now embedded into Tony's suit.

"And I..."  I read Tony's mind and saw what he was going to do.  No!  I can't lose him again!  I sprinted and flew faster than I ever had to him.  "Am..."  I tripped and stumbled, but recovered and frantically continued to him.