Part 48: 𝓔𝓿𝓮𝓷 𝓓𝓮𝓪𝓭 𝓘'𝓶 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓗𝓮𝓻𝓸

"I think Nick Fury Just hijacked our summer vacation

"I think Nick Fury Just hijacked our summer vacation."
~*~
Word Count: 1757

I sank into my bed and covered my face with my hands. I inhaled a deep, shaky breath and I fiddled with the case that I still held in my hands. I felt a small paper on the other side and flipped the case over. There was a folded piece of paper taped to it and I carefully removed it and unfolded it. It was from Kathy.

Peter,

I know I tell you it so much it's probably lost it's meaning by now, but you are amazing. You're the strongest person I know and I know the Hulk, so let that sink in. I know losing Tony has been hard on you, you've lost more people than anyone should have to at our age, and I understand. More than anyone, I think. I know you're under a lot of pressure. People want you to be the next Iron Man when no one could replace him. Not even my dad could be the Iron Man that they wanted. So with this bit of him you keep with you, I want you to be strong. To know that there will always be people who will push you down, blame you, neglect you, and hurt you, but I'll always be there to pick you up when you fall. Even when you can't. I'll make you stand up. I'm persistent like that. Remember, you're stuck with me, Parker.

K

I bit my cheek and looked away from the note and saw my phone on my nightstand. I picked it up and saw new messages from Happy.

P. Parker
Happy, why didn't you tell me about Kathy?

Read at 11:42

P. Parker
Why?!

Happy😎
I'm sorry, Peter.

Happy😎
May has been telling me about how stressed out you've been and that you need a break.

Happy😎
The doctors say she'll be able to go home before you get back.  I was going to let you go on your vacation and have Kathleen tell you when she felt it was right.

Happy😎
I didn't mean to make you upset.

Happy😎
I'm just as worried about her as you are.

I sighed and texted back.

P. Parker
I know you didn't Happy, I just wish you had told me while I was there so I could see her.

P. Parker
Keep her safe for me, please.

Happy😎
I kept her safe long before you came along, kiddo.

I chuckled and shot another text.

P. Parker
Whatever you say.  Goodnight, Happy.