Part 13: 𝓟𝓱𝓸𝓮𝓷𝓲𝔁

"I'm fine just being Kathryn Kennedy

"I'm fine just being Kathryn Kennedy."
~*~
Word count: 1517

2 months later...

It's been 2 months since Homecoming and I'm currently still being homeschooled; however, on the bright side, Tony has hired me as his personal assistant (kind of a part-time job-internship sort of thing) and so he had me run all his errands, be present at board and press meetings, go over his schedule with him at the beginning of the day, coffee runs, et cetera.  And I was getting the jist of it.  Tony called me Pepper a few times which was... weird, but other than that, it's been great... except for, I guess...

"Peter..." I muttered.

"What was that?"  Tony asked.

"Oh, sorry!"  I snapped out of zoning out and remembered what I was doing.  "You just have your 3:30 in about ten minutes and it's with Peter."  I could tell Tony wasn't satisfied with my answer.  "I-I just haven't seen him since I got out of the hospital two weeks ago.  That's all."

"Did Dr. Cho not give you any time off?"  I've been studying my sciences mostly with her.

"No, not really... and neither have you..."  I admitted as politely as I could.  He looked at me with what I was expecting to be anger and offence, but instead with guilt.

"You know, you and Pepper are alike in so many ways, sometimes I forget how different you two are." 
He's not wrong: she used to be his assistant, but she was an adult who lived outside Stark Tower with other responsibilities.  I'm a homeschooled teenager who lives in Stark Tower, well, now the Avengers Facility-Headquarters-Thing.  Who cares?  I call it home.
"You could always swing by his apartment when you're out shopping?  Or go visit when you aren't busy?"

"Wait, you mean I can leave aside from errands?"

"Yeah, I think after what you did on the beach, you earned more of my trust back."  He noticed something (or someone) behind me.  "But, we can talk about that after Peter goes home, speaking of which...!"  He looked behind me and I followed his gaze to Peter who was only a few meters away.  I immediately limped (as fast as I could) up to him, throwing my arms around him and held him in a tight embrace.

"Hey!  You okay?"  I released him and smiled as I looked at him.

"Yeah... Yeah, I'm okay."

Tony cleared his throat and I quickly backed away from him.

"Mr. Parker."  I greeted formally and shook Peter's hand.  Peter smirked and I blushed at how professional I had to be around even my best friend.  Tony lowly chuckled, and nodded for Peter to follow him.