Part 6: 𝓠𝓾𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓜𝓮𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓼

"I just wanna be normal

"I just wanna be normal."
~*~
Word Count: 1112

"Can you just ask Kathleen some questions?!" Peter finally asked Ned on our ways home. I shot Peter a betrayed look.

"Oh, okay!" Ned turned to me. "So, are you basically a Jedi?"

I sighed, "In a way... and before you ask, no, I can't make a lightsaber and no, you cannot call me Jedi Master Kathy."

"How did you know I was going to-?" He stopped talking when I looked at Peter in response and he shot up to defend himself.

"Okay, but seriously! If anyone could make a lightsaber, it would be you!" I shook my head and rolled my eyes.

"Okay, so if I can't call you 'Jedi Master' what can I call you?"

"Kathy." I said in a 'duh' tone.

"But, like, what's your superhero name?"

"Kathy." I repeated.

"No, you need a name that people say when they see you, like 'Thank God, here comes...!'" Ned explained.

"Kathy." I repeated and Peter chuckled while Ned rolled his eyes.

"Fine, I give up." Ned surrendered. "So, can you do Jedi mind-tricks?"

"In my sleep."

"Can you fly?"

"Yep."

"Can you make me fly?!"

"Not here and not now, but I could."

"What's it like having Iron Man as your dad?"

"He's not my dad." I said, coldly. Peter gave Ned a 'cut' motion to signal him to not talk about it, but not even Peter can defeat Ned's curiosity.

"W-Who is your dad, then?"

I took a deep breath and shook away tears in my eyes. "He's dead, Ned. So is my mother..." I said, speeding ahead of them and they slowed down, guilty and shocked.

~*~

They were almost at Ned's place anyway, so he went home and Peter ran to catch up with me.
"Kathleen!" I heard him yell, but I ignored him. "Kathy, hey! Slow down!" He grabbed my arm and I stopped, in a way relieved that he didn't just leave me alone. I turned around revealing my glazed eyes and he pulled me aside and hugged me. "You know he didn't mean to-"

"I know... I know... it just-it still hurts." Peter continued to hold me as I began to cry into his chest. Some people looked at us confused and concerned, but none stopped except for Mr. Delmar.

"Señor Parker, ¿está bien tu amiga?" He asked.

"She's just- having a hard time..."

"You know, I work part-time at that closed store across the street while my deli's being rebuilt. I could get you two into the break room?"

Peter thought for a moment then looked down at me. "What do you think?" I gave him a shaky nod. "Okay... okay, sí, muchas gracias..."

"De nada, follow me." Peter kept an arm around me as we crossed the street, entered the dark store, and followed Mr. Delmar to the break room.

~*~

I sat down in one of the chairs and Mr. Delmar left us alone. Peter then walked back over to me and kneeled in front of me with a sympathetic expression and held my shaking hands.
"What do you remember about your parents?" He asked.

"What?" I was confused as to why he wanted to know.

"It sometimes helps me to talk to May about my parents when I begin to miss them... so, what do you remember?"

I sniffed and looked around the room. "They were always smiling... kind of like you, they smiled and saw the best of even the worst of situations. Like, in our home in the Philippines, we didn't have much money, but they still smiled, even though-even though I could tell they were sad, they still smiled..."

"'Like me'?"

"You know, brightly... optimistically..." he blushed and smiled. "Like that... I'm here pouring my life sorrows to you and you're... like the light in the darkness..." I blushed and looked away when I realised how cheesy that sounded. Peter smiled again.

"What else do you remember?"

"Aside from that... I just remember us moving to Sokovia. It seemed like we were only there for a few days before-" my voice cut off and Peter's grip on my hands got tighter. "-before HYDRA came..." Peter's smiling turned to a solemn expression and a tear escaped my eye. "Did you know I'm supposed to be dead? They weren't there to kill my parents... they were going to recruit my father because he was strong. Then, he got in between the soldier and I and got shot instead..."

Peter touched my shoulder. "Y-You don't have to go on if-"

I nodded, chocking on my tears, and Peter quickly jumped up and sat next to me, holding me. "I'm sorry to put this on you... you're already stressed enough as it is-"

"It's okay... it's fine... I'd rather have you talk to me than keep it all in..." I looked up at him and saw that he was on the vurge of crying himself.

"What's it like being normal?"

"What do you mean?"

"Like before Spider-Man, before Ben died, what was it like to have a family, to leave for school and have someone say 'I love you' before you go, and to come home with someone to talk about your day to?" I asked, sadly.

"Boring... when you live your life normally, you're always hoping for excitement and drama, but when your life is dramatic, all you want is to be-"

"Normal..." I almost found comfort in the idea of being normal. "I just want to be normal. I want someone at home to miss me when I leave, I want to come home and get a hug and be asked about my day... but that will never ever happen..." Peter pulled me into another hug and this time, we just sat there in silence.

Eventually, Mr. Delmar told us that he had to get home so we left and I went back home.

I was going to go to Liz's party that night, but I decided not to because I was feeling down and also had a lot of homework to do.

~*~
A/N: I'M NOT CRYING OVER A FICTIONAL CHARACTER IN A FICTIONAL UNIVERSE, YOU ARE! I'm just kidding, maybe I just feel for of an attachment to her because I've been thinking through her story a lot... I don't know! Anyway, hope you guys liked it! I hope it wasn't to sad.
This was kinda a filler? I wanted to add more to Kathleen's backstory, but I wasn't too sure how to go about it, so sorry if this sucked...
Anyway, thanks for reading! The next one will be out tomorrow!