Part 24: 𝓐 𝓢𝓶𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓓𝓮𝓽𝓸𝓾𝓻

⭐️

"We just try our best to make the best possible future for our kids

"We just try our best to make the best possible future for our kids."
~*~
Word Count: 1887

"Cap..." Scott muttered from outside the abandoned car I was currently sitting in. I was using the sun visor mirror to clean the cuts that decorated my cheek.

"Sorry, buddy." I said, sitting back in the seat. "We got a problem."

"Huh. Yeah we do." Scott scoffed, leaning off the car.

"Well, what are we gonna do now?" Steve urged.

I rolled my eyes and faced him, revealing my scratched up face. "You know what, give me a break, Steve. I just got hit in the head with a Hulk."

"You said that we had one shot!" Scott exclaimed, stressed out of his mind. "This, this was our shot! We shot it. It's shot. Six Stones or nothing. Six Stones or nothing."

I rolled my eyes, my pounding headache only growing. "You're repeating yourself, you know that?"

"You're repeating yourself. You're repeating yourself. You're repeating yourself." Scott repeated, mockingly.

"Come on." I scoffed, sitting up from the car.

"You never wanted a time heist, you went on board with the time heist—"

"I dropped the ball!" I admitted against Scott's arguing.

"—you ruined the time heist!"

"Is that what I did?"

"Yeah!"

Steve stepped in between us. "Guys, focus! Are there any other options with the Tesseract?"

"No, no, no. There's no other options. There's no do-overs! We're not going anywhere else." I sighed and sat on the hood of the car. "We have one particle left. Each. That's it, alright? We use that—Bye, bye. You're not going home." I pinched the bridge of my nose in thought while the two conversed.

"Yeah, well if we don't try, no one else is going home, either." Steve countered and suddenly I thought of something.

"I got it!" I exclaimed, jumping from the car. "To retake the Tesseract and acquire new particles!"

Steve looked between Scott and me. "How?" He raised an eyebrow.

"We'll take a little stroll down memory lane. Military installation, Garden State." I answered with a confident smirk that greatly reminded Steve of my dad.