Part 54.5: 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓟𝓪𝓼𝓽

"Are they both your first names?"
~*~
Word Count: 7657
^ *confused screaming*

I was walking through the hallway switching glances between my schedule and my map.  Some kid in front of me was on his phone and then BAM!  We slammed into each other!  I was very graceful and managed to also drop every book I was carrying and everything he was carrying.

"Shoot!  I'm so so so so so so so so SO SORRY!!!"  I pressed as I scrambled to pick up my books.  The boy I knocked over started to pick up the books and papers as well.

"It's fine!  It's fine..." he paused for a moment as he stared at me.  I glanced up.  "I... I..." I felt my face burn red and I quickly start organising my papers and his.  He cleared his throat and helped me organise the papers again.  "Sorry!  I don't know what happened back there!  I'm Park-" he stuttered and then blushed.  "Nope.  That's not right."  Then tried again.  "I'm Peter Parker."

I chuckled, "Are they both your first names?"

"What?"  He chuckled.

"Sorry, I just think it's funny that your last name could be a first name, because well... I'm Kathryn Kennedy!"  We chuckled.

"Is that your first name?"  He joked.  And we stood up, trading papers.

~*~

"Hey... how are you feeling?"  I asked, handing him some water.

"Like I'm dying of heat exhaustion..." he complained and my eyes softened.

"Peter, i-it's 65 degrees in here..."

"Well, it doesn't feel like it..."  I sighed and touched his cheek with my hand, but didn't read him.

"Can I lay on you?"  He asked sleepily.  I nodded and lowered his head to my lap, moving hair out of his face and dabbed the cold towel to his face.  He moaned and looked up with sad eyes.
"It hurts, Kathy... my head feels like it's going to explode..."  I furrowed my eyebrows and touch his cheek.  Then, I read his mind and searched for peaceful thoughts he could focus on. His brows furrowed before relaxing as his eyes fluttered shut.  I kept the towel on his forehead and gently touched his face.

~*~

"Stop playing dumb, Kathleen. I can recognise your chemical engineering from miles away."

"I-I don't know what you're talking about."

"You mean to tell me some random kid in Queens just stumbled upon how to create synthetic webbing?" I gulped. "Who is he, Kathleen? It's your friend Peter isn't it?"

"No! I will not let you rope him into this!"

"So it is Peter." He clicked his watch. "FRIDAY, schedule a meeting with Peter Parker tomorrow at 3pm."

"Tony, no! He's 15 years old!"

"Tony, maybe think about this a little more... Kathleen has a point. Would you put her into the battlefield?"  Nat chimed in.

"Don't pull that card on me."
I snapped and jumped up, flipping his chair, sending him to the ground.

"Don't put my best friend in a battle that isn't his!" I yelled before I ran away.