Part 18: 𝓘'𝓶 𝓢𝓸𝓻𝓻𝔂

"Please don't leave me

"Please don't leave me..."
~*~
Word Count: 1324

Tony rushed over, a long string of curses escaping his mouth as he retracted his mask and knelt next to me.  "Oh, god.  Okay, Pete, you hold her arms, I'm gonna seal her wound."  He said and Peter nodded, sniffling.  He placed my head on his lap and he held my hands by my head as I squirmed and writhed in pain on the ground.  I looked up to Peter with blurry eyes as tears streamed down my face, leaving clean lines down my cheeks as the tears picked up the dust and the dirt. 

"I-It's gonna be okay, Kathy..."  he assured me as I cried in pain.  I suddenly felt a cold, foamy substance make contact with my wound I screamed in pain again, kicking my legs at Tony, but I soon felt them being held to the ground by Doctor Strange.  The substance formed around my wound and dried against it, stopping the bleeding, but doing nothing for the pain.  When Tony finished, he retracted his suit and took me from Peter and into his own arms and I pressed my face into his chest, sobbing.

"I-I-It hurts!"  I cried as I clutched my stomach with the bow dry and hardened sealer.  "Make it stop... please, make i-it stop, Tony... it hurts..."  I cried over and over as Tony rocked me back in forth. 

*Peter's POV*

Mr. Stark retracted his suit and took Kathy from me and into his own arms and she pressed her face into his chest, sobbing.

"I-I-It hurts!"  She cried as she clutched her stomach and I covered my mouth and looked away, unable to see her this way any longer.  "Make it stop... please, make i-it stop, Tony... it hurts..."  She pleaded over and over, breaking my heart.  I covered my ears, hoping to block her cries that I couldn't bare to hear any more.  I wanted nothing more than to take all that pain from her.  I would even willingly take it myself for her, but I couldn't.  I was just left hearing her desperate and pain-filled sobs as Mr. Stark rocked her back and forth as a father would to his crying infant.

*Kathy's POV*

What felt like an hour later, Peter helped me stand up and even though I was a bit unsteady, I was able to stand on my own. Everyone was circling up to talk again, we thought we were alone and safe... we were wrong.

My ears began ringing as all of a sudden, everyone around the galaxy began crying and screaming... but then half of them were silenced. It made me feel sick and my mind was spinning as I stumbled into Peter, moaning and grabbing my head.
"Kathy! Kathy, are you okay?!" Peter asked, filled with worry. All I heard were the cries, and I think Mantis could feel them too.

"Something's happening." Mantis said as her body turned into dust. I looked up as I realised what was happening and my breathing became unstable.
Even though we just met, she comforted me and I considered her a friend...