Part 46: 𝓜𝔂𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓲𝓸

"Luomo de misterio

"Luomo de misterio..."
~*~
Word Count: 1939

Today's our first day in Venice.  I still haven't heard anything from Kathy.  While everyone went to view museums and statues, I went to a glass crafting store. 

I timidly knocked as I entered and saw a smiling Italian man at the front desk.  "Hi, uh... I'm looking for a, uh... fiore di fenice?"  I asked and the man nodded before looking on his flower rack.  After a moment of glass clinking, he found the necklace and came back to the front desk.  He handed it to me and I looked at it in awe at its perfection—it was exactly what I had imagined.

  He handed it to me and I looked at it in awe at its perfection—it was exactly what I had imagined

^ The pink one

"It's perfect."  I said, smiling.  The man smiled back and after I paid for it, I left the store.

Shortly after I did, I ran into MJ.  "Boh."  She said.

"W-What?"  I asked with a laugh.

"Boh.  It's the most perfect word in the world.  Italians created it, and I just discovered it."  She explained proudly.

"What does it mean?"  I asked, starting to walk down the sidewalk.

"That's the thing!  It can mean a million different things.  'I don't know', 'Get out of my face', 'I don't know and get out of my face'.  It's the best thing Italy has created!  Except for maybe espresso."  She proclaimed.

"Oh, so you've been drinking espresso?" 

"Mmm."  She hummed with a nod.  Then an Italian man with flyers in his hand—obviously selling something—walked up to us.

"German?  American?"  He asked in a thick Italian accent.

"Boh."  MJ said plainly in reply.  The man looked offended and then walked away.  Once he passed MJ and I let out amazed laughs.  "Boh is my new superpower.  It's like the anti-aloha, I was born to say this word."  She joked.  "So what's in the bag?"