Part 50: 𝓒𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓮𝓷

"Stark chose you

"Stark chose you. He made you an Avenger. The world needs that, I need that... Kathleen needs that. Maybe Stark was wrong. Was he?"
~*~
Word Count: 2806

I sent my classmates to a 4-hour-long opera and said that I was going back to the hotel room because I felt sick, when really, I was leaving to suit up and stand at my post.  "All right, I'm in position."  I said from my place on a small perch of the cathedral tower.  "As soon as I see something bad, I'll let you know."

"Roger that.  How's the suit?"  Fury asked.

"The suit's great.  It's awesome."  To be honest, I miss my suits that Kathy designed... this material is too thick, it's too bulky, it's hard to move around in because it's too tight—well, in places I don't want it to be tight.  "It's a little tight around the old web shooter."  I said, tugging on the fabric on my thighs, trying to somehow make it looser.

"Parker!"  Fury snapped.

"Okay, I'll shut up."  I said and continued watching the city with was currently celebrating with the Signal Festival also known as the Festival of Light.  It looked like a lot of fun and I wished I was there on better circumstances.

"Energy spiking."  Fury warned and my eye slits narrowed as I scanned the streets. 

"We have seismic activity."  Hill's warning soon followed and I noticed lava creeping up a fountain and it quickly turned into a figure of a person made of lava.  The creature roared and the crowds of people screamed and fled the streets. 

"Okay, he's here!"  I exclaimed.  "Beck, are you ready?  You know what to do."

"On your lead, Spider-Man."  He respondes and I saw him flying over.  The lava creature began smashing the festival stands and nearby buildings.  Quentin landed, mask on, in front of the Elemental, and ignited his green powers, pulling attention towards himself.  "You're up, kid."  I sprang into action and swung a vendor stand by my webs and slammed it into the creature before jumping to the wall of another nearby building.  The Elemental slammed its fist into the building, but I quickly dodged it and landed on the top of a carousel.  However, the monster was quick to destroy that too and I was left tumbling to the ground after getting slammed into some debris. 

I looked up with a groan and saw the giant absorbing the metal and growing bigger.  "No, Beck!  He's got the carousel, he's getting bigger!"  I exclaimed.  As I tried to think of what to do, my attention was pulled away by a familiar voice calling.

"Night-Monkey!  Night-Monkey, help!  Save us!"  She called.

"What?"  I asked myself and when I looked up, I saw Betty and Ned in the Ferris wheel.  "Oh no."