Part 37: 𝓑𝓵𝓪𝓶𝓮 𝓖𝓪𝓶𝓮

"No one blames you

"No one blames you."
~*~
Word Count: 1561

I blinked my eyes, squinting at the bright light and white walls.  A voice pulled my attention to the figure next to me.  "If I have to visit you in the hospital again, I might hurl something out the window."  Peter said, sarcastically and I smiled weakly, wincing at the pain coming from my bandaged stomach.  "How are you doing?"

"About as well as the last time I was here."  I replied, but realised that the last time I was in a hospital, Peter wasn't there.  "Which you weren't here for."

"Wait, what?!"  Peter exclaimed.  "You've been in the hospital since homecoming?"

"Yeah, when I first got back from space.  I was adrift in space without food for a week."  I explained and Peter nodded, remembering.

"That is so bada--."  A new voice said and I swung my head to see Ned on the other side of my bed.

"Ned!  Hey-hi-I did not know you were here!"  I rushed out in surprise and the guys laughed.

"It's cool."  He shrugged.  "Because you and Peter have powers, I've been trying to master the art of standing so still, I become invisible to the eye."  Peter snorted in laughter and I laughed too, despite the pain from my stomach.

"What ever happened to being Peter's 'guy in the chair'?"  I asked through giggles.

"Oh, I'm still his 'guy in the chair', but I double as Invisi-Ned."  He joked and Peter and I were on the verge of laughing so hard we cry.

"Invisi-Ned?"  Peter asked through laughs.  "That's the best you could come up with?!"

The pain in my stomach grew with each laugh and my laughing switched back and forth from laughing to groaning.  "You  guys have to stop making me laugh, I'm gonna pop a stitch or something!"

"Okay, okay!"  Ned said, his laughter dying down alone with Peter and I's.  "So, how are you doing?"

"I'm doing fine, guys."  I said, smiling.  "Really, I'm okay!"

"You got shot, Kathy."  Peter said, seriously.  "You don't have to be fine if that's what this is."

I looked into his worried puppy dog eyes and sighed.  "Hey, Ned?"

"I'll go."  He cut me off and stood up.  "I get it.  I actually have to go anyway, my mom and I have to run some errands."

"Okay, bye, Ned!"  I said, giving him a gentle wave.

"See you later."  Peter said and the two did their iconic secret handshake that they've had since they first became friends.

"Feel better, Kathy!"  Ned said, walking out the door and closing it behind him with a soft click!