Part 55: 𝓛𝓸𝓿𝓮

"He 'loves me' loves me?  Like not the friendly or sibling kind of love, the actual l-word kind of love?"~*~Word Count: 2285

"He 'loves me' loves me? Like not the friendly or sibling kind of love, the actual l-word kind of love?"
~*~
Word Count: 2285

*Kathy's POV*

I looked back from the cockpit and saw Peter now in his new suit fiddling with his mask, nervously. I got up, walked over to him, and touched his shoulder. He snapped out of his trance and gave me a weak smile, which I knew in an instant was forced, but I returned the smile. I hugged his arm and rested my head on his shoulder, looking down at the mask.

"You know, the world will see you." I said quietly. "As Spider-Man. They'll see Queens' Spider-Man in London." He still remained silent and I looked up at him. "Are you ready for that?" By this point, his mask of optimism broke down and the anxiety was now showing on his face. His jaw clenched and eyes glistened as he looked away, hiding his face from my view. "Hey..." I whispered, touching his cheek and pulling his face to look down at me.

He still didn't say any words, but he reflected my actions and cupped my cheek, his eyebrows furrowing as he examined my face, as if he was never going to see it again. "Stay with Happy... please?" He breathed out, so quiet I could hardly hear, but I nodded. "After this is all over, whether I still have my secret or not, will you stay with me?"

"Of course, always." I immediately told him. He sighed and hugged me tight. I melted into the warmth of his arms as I felt him kiss the top of my head. When we released, I took his mask from his hands and looked down at it before kissing it, just above the eyes. Then, I reached up and put the mask over his handsome face—or, well, half of it. I left his cheeks and mouth uncovered and as I leaned in, I hesitated, watching his lips. I almost gave into my secret desires and slammed my lips on his right then and there, but instead I kissed his cheek. After I pulled away, I pulled his mask all the way down. "I 'like you' like you." I whispered as I peered into his white eyes, knowing his true brown eyes were looking back at me.

"I 'like you' like you too." He whispered back. Then, Happy called back to us.

"Hey, lovebirds! We're almost at the Tower Bridge!"

"On it!" We both replied in unison and I went back to the copilot seat while Peter crawled out of the plane.

~*~

Up ahead, we saw a giant tornado-like form in the sky, but it was way bigger than Peter was describing. Happy and I's eyes turned to saucers as we watched the form only grow.

"Whoa... you guys sure that isn't real?"  Happy asked, looking at me worriedly. 

I mirrored his worry and bit my cheek as Peter replied, "Yeah, it's just a hundred times bigger than I expected." into our earpieces.