Part 54: 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓟𝓪𝓼𝓼𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓭

"Look, in this job, life's unpredictable, and she's the only stable thing I have left

"Look, in this job, life's unpredictable, and she's the only stable thing I have left... I love her, Happy."
~*~
Word Count: 980

"No, I mean right now." Happy clarified. "Specifically, what are we gonna do?"

I tapped my watch and a hologram of the time came up. "We've been hovering over a tulip field for 15 minutes." 

"Um... I can't call our friends because he's tracking their phones.  Can I use your phone?"  He asked me and I nodded, handing him it.  "What's your password?"

My face grew red and I reached for my phone.  "Uh... can I just type it in?"  I asked and Peter looked at me curiously, holding the phone up, out of my reach.

"Why?"  He asked slowly, a smirk playing at his lips, causing my cheeks to heat up even more.  "What is it?"  He asked playfully, leaning towards me so our noses were only an inch apart and my breathing hitched.  I looked into his dark brown eyes and shook my head, giving up.

"It's-It's your birthday..."  I admitted and his smirk turned into a genuine smile.  I looked up to meet his gaze, smiled, and rolled my eyes.  "Shut up..."

He pulled me closer and kissed my hairline.  "Mine's yours."  He whispered and my eyes widened and snapped to his, but he already turned away and started going on my phone.  I didn't care though, I had nothing to hide.  I did peek over his shoulder though.  When I saw what he was doing, I cocked an eyebrow.

"Why are you on Flash's Instagram?"  I asked and in response, he clicked on his story.

"'Ello guv'nor!  Cup o' tea for ya?"  Flash said in an abnoxious English accent.  "I'mma be in London—"

"They're in London."  Peter and I said in unison and Happy nodded, getting up to go to the cockpit. 

"London?  Okay."  He confirmed.

"Yeah, I need a suit."  Peter said.

"Suit?"  I repeated excitedly.  "Hap!"  I called and in response, the back wall opened, revealing a suit designing and building station just like the one in my underground lab.  Peter walked up the the design cradle. 

"Okay, um... bring up everything you have on Spider-Man."  He said and the computer pulled up lots of designs I made both in my free time and when I was designing his Iron Spider suit.  There also were lots of designs that neither of us had seen before, presumably by Tony.  I limped towards him and snaked my arm around his waist, making sure to be gentle since he was still healing from getting hit by a train.  He smiled down at me and scrolled through the suit options, settling on one that I came up with while working on his Homecoming suit.  "Okay, open that.  Okay."  He continued clicking away on the screens and I just looked up at him in marvel at how he still is so passionate about being Spider-Man despite everything he's gone through.  I slowly backed away, giving him room to work and at one point, he reached into a holographic web shooter sleeve and my mind flashed back to my days as a kid, watching my father do the same thing.  My eyes teared up and he stopped when he saw that Happy and I were watching him.  "What?"  He asked worriedly, noting my tears that I hastily wiped away.

"Nothing."  I whispered before clearing my throat.  "You take care of the suit.  Happy will take care of the plane.  I'll take care of the music."  I said, turning to follow Happy into the cockpit.  I sat down and pulled up "Back in Black" by AC/DC.

"Oh!  I love Led Zeppelin!"  I heard Peter call happily and I squeezed my eyes shut and cringed.

"I love him, I love him, I love him, I love him, I love him..."  I had to keep whispering to myself and Happy laughed.

~*~

As we got closer to London, Hapoy sent a coded message to Fury while my job was to find out where my class was. 

"Okay, Fury's got the coded message."  Happy said as him and I walked into the suit building area. 

"And they're at the Tower Bridge.  Flash called it the London Bridge, but I figured it out."  I added.  "We're gonna go scoop them up, okay?"

"Yeah."  Peter said with a sigh and I stepped forward, holding his shoulders. 

"We're close."  I assured him and he nodded.

"We're close."

"How's the suit coming?"  I asked, letting one hand fall.

"Almost done."  He replied and I smiled and nodded.  I caressed his cheek with the hand that I left on his shoulder.

"Good."  I said with a supportive smile that he reflected and I turned to go back to the cockpit.

*Peter's POV*

Once Kathy was out of earshot, I quickly pulled Happy back.  "Wait... before you go..."  I whispered and looked back.  Kathy enteres the cockpit and the door closed behind her.  I pulled the phoenix flower necklace out of my pocket.  "If anything happens to me, could you please give this to Kathy?"

Happy took it, but then said, "You're gonna make it back.  You'll give it to her yourself.  Okay?  You got this."

"Y-Yeah."  I said, hesitantly.  "Just—Hap—Look, in this job, life's unpredictable, and she's the only stable thing I have left... I love her, Happy.  After what happened to her in Mexico, I—I can't risk not having the chance to tell her that."

Happy smiled weakly and pat my shoulder.  "Believe me, kid.  She loves you too."

~*~

A/N: I'm back!  I'm so sorry it took so long!  I know I originally said that the next part would come out on Monday, but my trip home to the UK was extended so I could hang out with some of my old friends.  Thank you all for your patience!