Part 20: 𝓦𝓮'𝓵𝓵 𝓓𝓸 𝓣𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓣𝓸𝓰𝓮𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝓸𝓸

"Wasn't it you who told my father that we would lose together?!"~*~Word Count: 1304

~*~
Word Count: 1304

Nebula and her friend Rocket sat on one side of the meeting room while a grieving Thor sat of the other.  In between was a large table where I sat with my IV in me, Rhodey stood close by, Steve sat next to Nat, the glowing lady, Carol Danvers stood behind them, and Bruce stood, facing everyone.

"Thanos did exactly what he said he was going to.  He wiped out 50% of all living beings."  A hologram played in front of me of all the known snap victims.  The princess and king of Wakanda.  Sam.  Bucky.  Dad.  Peter.  I inhaled sharply when Peter's face appeared on the screen and my eyes dropped to my hands.  I then felt a warm hand on my skeletal-like shoulder and looked up, met with the comforting eyes of Rhodey.  I gave him a soft smile and looked back down at my hands.

"So where the hell is he?"  I muttered and looked up to Nebula.  "Nebula, did he ever say where he would go after he erased half of all life?"

"He did.  When I would ask where we would go after our mission was completed, he would say that we would go to... the Garden."

"That's cute, but we're talking literally here."  Rhodey scoffed and Rocket the raccoon stood up on the table and turned on the map of earth.

"Okay, morons, let me try to explain this to you without losing any brain cells."  He started.  "When Thanos snapped on Earth it became the hotspot of energy, more than has ever happened before.  But, 2 days ago, a similar burst in energy happened across the galaxy on this planet."  Rocket moved the map to land on a almost completely green planet.

Nat leaned forward in her seat.  "He used the Stones again." 

"Then let's get him."  Carol said, determined.

"You know,"  I laughed slightly.  "I really appreciate that optimism, noobie, but we already tried.  We gave it our all, and we lost.  Who's to say we won't lose again?"  I stood from my chair and wobbled to her.

"Me.  Because this time, you have me." 

I laughed and Steve stood to look at me.
"Kathleen?  What's so funny?"

"Carol has been here for a day while you've been here for almost a decade."  I glared at Steve.  "She's here when we lost and wasn't it you who told my father that we would lose together?!"

"Kath--"

"No, Rogers!"  I cried.  "You swore to him you would be there and now he's dead.  They're all dead!  Everyone I have ever loved is gone!"  I ripped out my IV even though that's what was keeping me conscious and threw it at Steve.  "And I--"  I panted.  "I... blame... you..."  I muttered and would've fallen to the ground if Stevs hadn't caught me.