chapter 2

when i tippy toe trying to find dias in my spot. i notice carters head. he's walking away from me with the man that gives me the creeps.

ugh i am so frustrated right now, i was expecting and mostly wanting carter to take me and dias back home but seems like that's not happening.

i push pass through a large crowd of people making out and dancing against each other.

i have a massive headache and i want to get out of here but feel bad leaving dias here. i cant do that to her especially knowing she's drunk. i know better than walking back to the house, especially this late.

on the long search for dias unluckly not being able to still find her, i give up a little and try to find a place that i can drown this loud music out. i could find somewhere quiet and give her a call.

when i go deeper into the large building i find a hallway that leads to a room, i think? once i get closer, everything goes pitch black and i start to panic.

i instantly feel the fabric hovering over my face and the large hands grab onto my wrist, tightening the grip. goosebumps start to rise out of me and im on the urge of screaming, i only have such little space from the air i am getting in this old bag over my head. instead of screaming i start sobbing, confused and terrified on what to do.

i try to wiggle out of the person's assault but completely fail. my mind is all over the place and i cannot think properly.

the person that is holding tightly on my wrist and maybe leaving a mark is leading me somewhere. i feel a cold breeze hit my bare legs and arms, i must be outside. i hear muffled voices and sounds around me.

i hear a voice with an accent i can't tell, right above my ear say "is this the girl?" a snatch of the fabric that was almost suffocating me is pulled off. i instantly look around to take in my surrounding before the bag is back on my head. i witnessed a back ally, dark and with sketchy men separated in two groups.

all these horrible thoughts run through my mind.

i recognize the first face that is right in front of me, he gives me the creeps and by the looks of it that has to be the man that was talking to carter earlier.

once he gives the guy behind me a nod and looks away i hear a voice spit "you son of a bitch!"

i hear carters voice making me twist my neck in every direction trying to quickly find him. i need to get out of here. my eyes scan the place to find him and i finally do when i spot carter on the floor with bruises on his face.

he spits out blood "you fucking snake! you lied to me!" he says nearly choking on his words.

"i got to do what i got to do to stay alive carter!" the creep shouts back.

carter and the creepy man start bickering at each other with insults than it goes to brutal shoves.

i feel like crying i shouldn't be here.

"shut the fuck up!" i hear a strong deep voice yell at both of them.

he then startles me by shooting the gun that's in his big hands which is nearly covering the pistol up in the air about three times getting everyone's attention.

he looks the angriest out of them all, his brows are low and his eyes are empty.

his black dusty boots drags against the concrete when he walks towards me. i notice the tattoos on his neck and look back up to his face with my flushed expression as he comes closer to me.

he is glaring at me with his lips pressed into a straight line. i instantly look away from his strong gaze staring at his chest.

he uses his two fingers to lift and gesture my face up, there's not a care in sight when he uninterestedly removes his fingers my face lightly drops back to staring at his chest.

"dont hurt her" i hear carter say, he sounds more worried than demanding. "please."

before he answers carter, he looks at me for a few more seconds, then clenches his jaw, he looks as if he's thinking of something when he slowly walks behind me. everyone carefully watches him.

he goes behind me putting something cold against my neck.

my eyes widened realizing it's his gun. my heart skips a beat and intensifies with my lips drastically apart to take in and out my high pitched breathing.

"not if you give me my fucking money," he says saying through his clenched teeth

"look i know where the money is damon, i just don't have it with me." carter says nervously.

the guy names damon lets out a sarcastic chuckle, "sounds familiar."

carter quickly lets out, "i'll get it for you in about a week or two i swear just please man let her go she has nothing to do with this." i can feel carter looking at me but don't budge to look at him.

my eyes start to water and tears tremble down my wet cheek.

damon lets out a scoff "you think i'll fall for it?" his voice is calm and low, "last time you ran away like a bitch, now look what you're making me do." he playfully taps the gun against my jaw.

"i won't run i'll give you the money just give me a day," carter says with the most worried expression plastered on his face.

im scared and angry at myself for even coming here.

i cant even look at carter, why is he involved in things like this?

"carter do you think im an idiot?" damon says more as if he's asking.

"n-no" he stutters.

"then why i are talking to me as if im fucking stupid? huh?" damon starts shooting repeatedly at the ground almost close to carters foot. carter jerks his leg back scared as ever.

i cant stop shaking, i hate guns and i hate how loud they are.

"carter please" i beg.

"i don't want to have to hurt her" damon says, "but considering i may have to will probably knock some fucking sense in you right?"

"she's family," carters voice breaks.

"i know she is which is why im going to keep her around with me until you deliver what i asked for." damon lets out a sigh "but if i find out you ran i wont hesitate to put a bullet through her head."

i wanna say something but my body is shaking out of fear and im so numb i can't move my lips. i finally look at carter and he looks like he's actually considering it. how could he? how can i trust him?

i mean i get it im in a really fragile state but he has the nerve to actually consider this? he can at least be subtle about it and ask damon for another plan.

i swear i hear him ask how many weeks will he give him.

"that depends, the longer you take the more things i can do to her." he threatens carter and the men closely around start to laugh except carter and i.

"i'll bring the money, meet me here and bring her with you" carter adds "if you don't bring her then there's no money."

damon responds with a nod in agreement and gestures to a big guy with tattoos on his bald head to take me into the car.

the man grabs my wrists and i immediately feel that familiar burn from it. he lifts me up on his shoulder as i try to wiggle out and kick my feet in the air.

once he is tosses me in the back seat of the car, i get uncomfortable from the bald mans smile revealing his golden and silver teeth."my bag likes your face" he says in a thick british accent, his laugh creeps me out itself and he places the old brown sack over my head again.