Chapter 43

When Dias parks the car in the driveway and turns the engine off, she turns and looks at me, "I'm so sorry for tonight, it wasn't suppose to end like this,"

I sigh, "Its fine. I just wish things would've turned out differently this time,"

"Yeah, me too," she grabs me into a swift hug and suddenly I feel much better.

Her phone starts to ring with Williams name on the front screen by a few giant red hearts next to his name. "Do you mind if I take this?"

"No, of course not, I'm going to go inside and get some sleep," I tell her. She thanks me while I get out of the car and open the front door to the house.

I make my way up the stairs and wiggle my heels off by my bed, and jump onto it, relaxed by the feeling of the cold pillow against my cheek. I'm so exhausted that I don't even think about taking my dress nor makeup off, even though I should.

...................

Cold hands meet my cheeks that give me the immediate attention on waking up and opening my eyes to what's in front of me.

I blink rapidly to comprehend what I'm staring at is true and that I'm not actually losing my mind, from seeing Damon casually sitting on the edge of my bed.

"Damon?" I say making sure he's really there.

My heart sinks when I hear his deep but so soft voice, "yeah, it's me,"

"What are you doing here?"

"What kind of question is that? I'm obviously here because..." he stops whatever he's saying and moves away from my bed.

I get up to lean my back onto the backboard of the bed, desperately waiting for him to continue whatever he was going to say.

"Because what? Tell me," I chew on the bottom of my lips to prevent me from not asking him or saying another thing.

"It's nothing," he avoids my eye contact.

"If you have nothing to say...then it's best that you leave," I tell him regarding how hard it is to say things like that to him. The bitter feeling I'm getting to my stomach is coming back. I don't want him to leave but I have my grounds and if he thinks that whatever he does doesn't have consequences he'll think it's okay to do it again.

"You want me to leave?" he looks almost hurt.

The tears are threatening to come out but I sniffle to try my best to avoid the waterfall that is so close to drip down from my eyes because of how valuable Damon looks. My heart aches for him. "No..of course I don't want you to leave, but if you can't even talk to me then what's the point here?"

He sits back next to me and grabs my hand in his tightly, "I didn't do anything with her, I promise you that,"

"Then why didn't you call me?" I start to choke on my sobs by failing to keep it in.

"I didn't call you because I had shit to deal with of my own. You have to understand that I grew up living with a gang that's a lot of shit to take. I don't even have my own fucking place to stay Mia,"

For once I actually think Damon is getting emotional with me and I can't help but tackle him into the warmest hug to calm him down a little. His long arms wrap around me and he buries his face into my hair.

"I know. I'm so sorry," I tell him grabbing onto his shirt to wipe my nose.

"No. I'm sorry Mia," he kisses the top of my head. "I'd never want to do anything that'll lose you," he tells me which makes me melt further into his warm chest.

"Please just give me another chance," he begs.

"I'm afraid if I do, you'll think it'll be okay to do so again," I say with full honesty.

"No I won't, I..." he stops again.

"Damon?" I let go of his hug and look for his eyes to attach it to mine but then he turns his head to me like he knew.

His eyes dissolve into mine and collect into one.

"I love you, Mia," he finishes his words.

My tears resolve into joy and everything around me seems to be diminishing except Damon and I. Everything is forgotten except us, sitting in this room. I do love him. I love him with all my heart. I am in love with Damon landers.

"I love you, Damon," i collide my lips with his and move in every passionate way together.

I wrap my fingers around each side of his neck to not stop this beautiful moment that I've been waiting for, waiting to hear.