Chapter 12

Me and Becca both get into the bathroom.

"What dresses did you pick from the clothes I brought" she says while putting a shade of black eyeshadow on her eyelids making her eyes look bigger.

"I really liked the red one" i tell her.

"Kay-kay" Becca says really fast.

I grab the long royal red dress from Beccas old brown suitcase admiring every detail. It's silky and the straps are very thin.

I hang the beautiful dress on the rack so I can go put on some makeup.

I place two hair pins on each side of my hair to hold it away from my face while I apply the light makeup on.

I put on a little bit of bronzer with a tint of highlighter and brush a peach-walnut shade of eyeshadow on my eyelids that Becca brought with her. My lips pout making it even more plump than usual when I steadily apply the mascara on my lashes. Lastly my blush, when I dabbed some blush onto the brush, I thought I put too much so, I dab the extra onto the counter. The extra falls into the sink making the sink look like it has poke-dots. I glide the brush on my cheeks slowly not trying to over do it.

Becca hands me a clear nude lip gloss and tells me to put it on. I take it from her and squeeze it on my fingertip gliding a little on my lips making it look fuller.

"Shit, it's nine" she says looking at her gold watch on her wrist.

She looks back at me and says "just fix your hair a little" like she's in a rush.

I don't get offended because she's right. I haven't brushed it since.

When I take out the hairpins, my hair looks like a complete mess. "I got you this" Becca says handing me a tiny black hairbrush. I thank her and brush every strand I can. I finally decide to put it half up-half down.

When I finish putting the dress on I wear the black heels I found in Becca's suitcase.

"Are you ready?" Becca asks me.

"Uhm yeah I'm coming" I tell her.

When I come out of the little stall, I see Becca sniffing into a small bottle, I know she's using drugs but I'm not going to judge.

When she sniffs into it her eyes flutter and her nose wiggles and crinkles. "I need to get ready for this party, you should too" she tells me. But I know better than doing that "its okay" I give her a smile but she gives me a sympathetic smile, already judging me "its only one night, what's the big deal?" she snorts.

She probably thinks I'm boring but I would rather not do things like that. Yes, sure, it's an easier way of having fun but you can still have fun without doing drugs or drinking alcohol. And last time I checked I didn't come here to "have fun". I was forced to come but obviously Becca doesn't know that. Should I even tell her? It's not her business, I guess. What did Blake and Damon tell her about me? Whatever, I'm getting out of here soon, I hope.

"I would just rather not" i say. I don't want to tell her exactly why because I know she'll start an argument. But my day was already full of arguments and I'm not having that again. "Suit yourself" she says rolling her eyes.

Me and Becca step out of the door. I spot Damon first sitting on the bed where his back is faced to me. He's wearing a black and white suit with a black tie just like Blake, they both look like they are talking about something very serious when I see Blake's eyebrows push together and give Damon a frown. Blake is on the opposite side of Damon and he's sitting in that chair they brought back inside. Blake's eyes land on me and he doesn't stop staring at me which makes Damon turn around to see what he's looking at.