Chapter 9

its almost three in the morning and damon is packing his stuff. im standing in his room not knowing what to do or say after what just previously happened, my brain feels warned out from everything.

"what about carter?" i ask.

"what about him?" damon frowns shoving a bunch of his clothes in his bag.

"are you going to tell him we're leaving?" i ask him.

"that isn't his concern" he drops what he was doing and is stares at me. i look at the cut on his cheek and lips.

"i meant what if carter shows up here?" i say slower than usual watching his reaction carefully.

"carter knows better than to come here."

"why's that?"

"he knows we'd kill him" damon says with a straight face as i swallow.

damon continues to pack his stuff.

why would carter take damon's money in the first place? so many questions but no one wants to answer them.

damon finishes packing his bag and slings the bag over his shoulder, while he grabs onto my arm taking me out of his room. he locks his door before we leave the house.

damon opens my side of the door and pushes me into his car. damon jogs over the tree and throws keys up high landing from far away in the field.

i place my hands on my lap and lean my head against the window.

he gets in and turns the car on, "don't do anything stupid."

i nod in return without staring at him. my hands in my laps are shaking and it's bothering me because i want it to stop before damon notices it.

....

while shifting over making myself comfortable on the comfy, soft surface that is pressed underneath my body. i shoot my eyes open and look around myself, seeing a small table next to the bed im laying on with a really old television across from me.

i force myself up and look around not finding damon anywhere.

i rub my eyes with the balls of my fist to help commit myself from not falling back to sleep.

i know damon is around when i see his bag placed right by the door. hes just not in the room.

if i made a run for it now, that would probably lead to him finding me because i don't know anything about this city and he will only get angrier with me or even worse, carters death.

i refuse to run and instead i stay and find a bathroom. i need to take a hot shower, it feels like in forever.

i need to drown all this chaos surrounding me.

i close the door my way inside the small bathroom.

i step into the steamy hot water spraying down onto my back.

as im finished washing myself i step out of the shower, looking at the foggy mirror. i swipe a hand across it to clear the fog so i can see myself. i stare at myself for awhile, my hair looks darker from the wetness. i get a cold shiver on me knowing its because im half naked.

I decide to put on Damon's sweater by itself instead of that tight black dress underneath.

When I step out Damon still isn't in the room. I look through the window and see a bar up close with neon lights flashing 'BAR'. I move my head to the side and find him sitting on one of the chairs next to the door. He's smoking his cigarette, I think the ones Blake got him. Damon rubs his face with one of his huge hand while releasing white foggy puffs out of his full lips, then gets up to his feet, dropping his dead cigarette onto the smooth concrete floor next to other ones, stepping onto it with his untied laced boots, crunching the flame of the cigarette. Damon starts to walk to the door and my feet scatter back to the bed turning on the tv.