Chapter 24

Damon's P.O.V

"Damon I really should go," she sniffles.

I don't want her to go, at least not right now.

I get a hold of her cheek and brush the wetness of her tears with my thumb. My knuckles look bruised and fucked up but when I stare at her, she makes me forget the sting on my bloody knuckles. She closes her eyes from my touch but slightly moves her face away from my hand. A stride of blood is draining down my knuckles to my forearm, but it doesn't hurt as much as the last time I beat the shit out of Blake because no one was there to stop me. It felt better too, I have to admit.

"I'll leave you two alone," Dias tells us. I almost forgot she was here. William follows Dias to her car and leaves us alone in the parking lot.

I don't know what to say but I need to say something fast before she grows out of her patients with me and leaves.

"Can we talk in my car?" I say slower than I expected.

She looks down maybe unsure if she should or not. I don't blame her. I'm a massive fuck up and she's probably fucking horrified from my behaviour from just now.

"Please," I press.

She lets out a sigh and walks pass me, feeling like the hundredth time. I watch every step she takes in front of me taking every possible image I can take of her and these small details about her before she will probably leave me for good when my dumbass says something I'll regret to her. I never know when it comes to her.

As she gets in the car she doesn't look at me once which fucking ticks me off the most. She then sits next to me staring off in front of her but I realize I'm doing the exact same thing.

"We have so much to talk about, you know that right?" Mia turns her head to me.

We do? I mean of course we fucking do, but is she talking about the fight or..I'm not sure. I feel so fucking odd right now. What the fuck was in that joint?

"Y-yeah, I know," my voice sounds more unsure which maybe explains that I probably don't fucking know, I don't know what the fuck I'm doing.

"Are you sure? Because it doesn't seem like it," She doesn't look at me and just stares down at her shoes.

"What do you mean?" I ask her.

"I mean, this, us," she snaps her head up to me again and waves her hands between us.

Fuck. Why is she bringing this up now?

"We just saw each other today?" I say more as an excuse. But really It doesn't fucking matter if it was two fucking hours or a year, nothing will change for how I feel about her because she is constantly on my mind.

"You're right, maybe this isn't the right time to discuss this, since you like talking to other girls," she tries to get out of the car but i quickly put it on child lock.

What the fuck is she talking about? Other girls? I need to talk to her, I don't care how long I have to wait to say the perfect words to this perfect girl. But the only thing I need her to do is depend on me just this once and wait.

"What are you fucking talking about?" I raise my voice at her but regret it at the end.

"That girl you were sitting with earlier at the bonfire," she says now turned all the way facing close to me raising her own voice back at me. She looks exhausted. The fucking things I cause, make her feel extremely exhausted. And I hate that more than anything.

All I can manage to say is "It wasn't like that,"

She continues to try to open the door but it won't let her. She then turns her head and looks at me with glossy eyes, a tear escapes it and lands on her pouted lips.

"Okay Damon, explain yourself, because I never seem to understand why you do things you choose to do. You never want to tell me anything which makes it harder for me, but this is your chance to, so explain yourself now or I am getting out of this car and leaving no matter what," She threatens.

My face is neutral but every last bit of string inside me is struggling to hold me together.

"I went to smoke some weed with her that's all," i tell her. She does think the worse in me.

"Oh...well what about you and Blake, what's going on between you two?"

"He fucked me over,"

"Because?"

"Because...he told me he was going to see you again," I turn away from looking at her.

Telling her this makes me look so fucking stupid but she wants me to explain myself to her and if I don't I'm afraid she'll leave just like that.

"What? Why would he want to see me?" she softly asks me.

"Why do you think?" I spit