Chapter 48

"Mia? Mia what happened? Where's Damon?"

My mind is losing its stability of working properly and everything seems outcasted, expect the thoughts about him, about the man i have fallen deeply in love with, who doesn't want to get involved with me because of his imperfections in his life that he assumes that is causing and reflecting me. But if so, I couldn't care less because my love is much stronger for him, where I don't think I couldn't ever stop loving him no matter what. He's my everything and that's not up to him to only choose.

"It's okay, here, come with me,"

I feel Dias grab onto my arms gently to walk me back to the car, she puts my seatbelt on while I blank out in the space in front of me. She quickly scrambles to the other side of the car to start the drive back home.

———————————-

"Mia," something shakes my arm, "Mia wake up," she says and my eyes open to Dias sitting by me on my bed.

"Sorry to wake you, but you should come down to eat, you-we all had a few rough days and I'm not going to let all of us sulk in this house, I'm tired of it," Dias groans and wipes her face with both of her palms.

"I'm not sulking," I pout and turn my head the other way from her, to prepare myself from hiding my wet eyes.

"Mia, it's been a fricking week already, I'm not letting you drown inside your pillows no more," she starts to raise her tone, "My mom isn't even taking to me, she can barely speak, I have no one to even have a simple conversation with, after fucking carter—" she pauses and inhales a shaky breath.

I turn my head to her meeting her soaked eyes to mine exactly sharing the same emotion.

I get up and wrap my arms around her tightly, she cry's out a sob, hugging me back tighter.

"I'm so sorry, I just haven't had the best days since I got here, it isn't the same. One day, I'm the happiest person alive then something so terrible attacks me in a second, tearing that every bit of happiness in me," i interject. "I sometimes need time to think before I step foot in it again,"

She lets go of my hug and looks at me then wipes the tears underneath her eyes, while smiling, "at least we go through it together, right?"

"Right," I half giggle while smiling.

"I'm so glad that you're here with me by my side, I don't think I could've gone through this any better, I don't even think I would've found out if it wasn't for you," she tells me about carter leaving.

"I should've told you sooner, but...Sil...she was so happy," I look through the distance in full pity for this women.

"She'll get over it, she's the strongest women I've ever met," Dias says trying her best to smile by ends up as weak as mine.

"I know she will,"

"Williams birthday is in two days and i still haven't got him anything," she sighs.

"Really? What are you planning to get him?"

"I haven't decided yet, but I really need to go to the mall soon, are you still able to come and help me find him something perfect,"

I lower my eyes at her and deepen a smile, "of course I'll come,"

She squeals and gets to her feet to go change out of her morning clothes.

I go to the mirror to fix myself up from everything that has been happening since, where I didn't have the time to look after myself because I've been worried and overthink about Damon. Damon...the name sounds so different mentioning it after I've been saying him instead.

The colour in my cheeks are lost, so I add a tint of pink blush on each side.

I slip on a casual outfit to go out to the mall with Dias.

^^Mia's look going to the mall