Chapter 68

Damon's P.O.V

I drive away from the wrecked house party and leave everything behind, except the money. The green thin papers that are stacked into my bag, swirls into the cold night from chaz's roofless car, while I zoom onto the highway road.

"Here's your key," the old women that owns the motel says to me, handing a key with a number board attach to it. I can tell she's staring at the ink that is covering up my neck, but she quickly looks away apologetically. She doesn't seem as judgemental people I cross by, like I'm this kind of sin that father's prefer to keep their daughters hidden away from me. Sure, I might look fucking scary, but they don't know me to judge so fucking quick.

I look down at my hands that are shoved into my leather coat pocket.

"Can I buy one?" I gesture with my chin at the stacks of chocolate bars in her office.

She smiles at me which make the corner of her eyes a more clearer imprint of her wrinkles and puts on her glasses that are hanging around her neck from a string. "Of course dear," she puts down the keys on the table in front of me and turns around to get me one of the chocolate bars.

I take my bloody stained hands out of my pockets and grab the keys to drop them back inside my pocket as well as my hands, but before that, i put my money onto the table as fast as I can, including the extra change for the chocolate bar.

"You'll like this one," she hands me a chocolate bar that has the words "Mars bars" onto the wrapper.

"It's alright, I don't want it," I muffle my words very low while walking away from her. A frown appears onto her face, "There's more selections."

"No, It's fine," I cut her off as I walk out of the small shack.

I find the motel room with a number 6 plated onto the door which matches the 6 on the key with the board. I get inside and it looks as any motel would look like. I firstly need to go wash my bloody hands, and clean the cut on my stomach. I unzip my leather jacket and take off all my clothes, throwing them to the side, i stare at the deep scratch onto my stomach in the rusty mirror, it stings but ill manage. When i get into the tub i try to wash my hands but the blood is barely coming off and only making it a deep coat of redness, like I have some kind of fucking rash on my hands. I open the whole soap bottle and pour it all onto my hands to scrup for atleast five minutes, once all the blood stain disappears, I wash my hair and body.

I step out of the steamy bathtub and wrap a already hung up towel around my waist, then grab the blood stained white shirt to shove it into the bag of money that was under the bed for no evidence left behind. And put the bag back under the bed.

When i get dressed into my black worn jean, i hop myself on the bed but can't manage to sleep. So much shit went down today that I can't even think of one thing at a time.

It's been now thirty minutes and I still can't sleep, not even close my eyes.

I need to leave this motel, I can barely sleep here. And all I want to do is sleep at the moment.

I get up off the bed to grab the bag of money and get back into chaz's car. Chaz. I don't really know how to feel about the whole situation of his death. I don't want to seem like a fucking dick but I knew he would winde up dead anyways, sure I feel bad but he's done pretty fucked up shit to innocent people. But I do appreciate the fact that he helped me get this money, and mostly how he was trying to fix things between us, as I think so.

When I park in front of chaz's house, I set myself to calm down. Will they be pissed? At me? Usually I don't give a fuck about what any body thinks of me except Mia, but after everything I don't know how to react. Expecially after how much blood I've seen the past hour.