Chapter 96

The lady applies a finishing coat to my new nails that I chose; Coffin, medium sized, light pastel pink coat. Dias got bright red which suits her so well.

When we get back to our hotel, Dias orders Chinese food and jumps in the shower as i put something on for us to watch. Dias's phone starts to get piled with messages after messages. I peak at her phone and see Haylee's name. I wonder what she's on about? She hasn't even responded to my text messages—the dozen text messages of me panicking.

I wrap the blanket around me and Damon pops on my mind. The last time I saw him was a complete disaster and not just picking the broken glass off the floor but the day before that at the awful party Haylee dragged me to. I wonder what he's doing right now? I wonder almost all the time about him.

Since he came it's been worse for me. But at the same time, when he's not around I feel...empty. I don't want to seem like some weak little lost girl anymore, as Dias truthfully told me. I want to show him or even convince myself that i can be strong about situations like this and not always get my emotions in the way. I still love him-love him so much that I worry. I just don't like the idea of that i love him too much, well at least right now because I know when it comes to Damon i can easily get hurt. I cant get attached like I was. I need to clear my mind and have some space.

I just wished I said something else then "Us, won't work" that was so dull of me to say and such a lie because we can work, i believe we can always work things out. I wanted to say so much more but my mind couldn't come to it because of him. Damon. He's just so, so—Damon! Ugh.

"So were watching the news?" Dias walks in with her wet hair hanging down her shoulders.

"Oh," I play it off "yeah, I actually wanted to see how the weather was going to be tomorrow," I stutter a little.

"Uh huh," she smirks.

"Haylee," i almost yell, "she texted you like a thousand times?" I try to change the subject before she tries to pull out the truth in me and then the conversation would lead to Damon who is the last thing that I want on my mind right now.

Dias scrunches her brows together and picks up her phone. "Something happened..."

"What is it? Is she okay?"

"I-I don't know, she won't tell me," Dias says, "she wants me to come over to her dorm,"

"Um yeah, okay," i worry and nod my head maybe too much.

"I'll be back in an hour or so, okay," she picks up her sweater and turns to me "I'm sorry," as she leaves out the door.

I let out a huge sigh of breath and plop myself on the couch.

Damon's POV

"You live here alone?" I ask Austin. I stare around the huge hotel he lives in.

"Not anymore," he says with a wide smile, since Austin told me I can crash here for awhile. He didn't ask why which is why I don't mind him, he doesn't ask too much or get into my business either.

He reaches into his pocket and grabs a black leather wallet and pulls a couple of hundreds out. He gives me at least three hundred. But I don't grab the money from him because I'm confused. But my face stays still.

"You smell like a fucking alcoholic, at least buy some new clothes," Austin says.

I don't say anything but grab the money out of his hands. I know why he's so paranoid. Mostly because it's his dad. He's the head leader of the university he goes to and apparently his dad is fucking strict as Joe told me so.

"You can borrow my car, but don't fuck it up..my dad is gonna kill me," he says as joe brings the keys to me.

Mia's POV

I jump up off the couch from my sleep because I hear a crashing noise coming from the hallway of the door. I run to the kitchen because it's the closest to me and grab a pot. I hold it up in front of me and realize it's 2:35 in the morning. My hands start to shake as I tip toe towards the hallway. The lights turn on as I scream when I notice two figures screaming as well.

It turns out that the figures were only Dias and Haylee.

"Mia what the hell are you doing?" Dias nearly screams at me staring at the pot in my hands and back to my face.

"It's almost three in the morning! What do you expect me to do? Go back to sleep knowing someone is probably breaking into our apartment?"

"Give me that," she snatches the pot out of my hand, "thank god it wasn't a knife," She says as she puts the pot back into the bottom cabinet.

I come face to face to Haylee and she's just so quiet. "Haylee..hey," I say and hug her. "Hey," she muffles into my shoulder and holds me tighter than usual. I kiss her head making myself add "muah" trying to cheer her up a bit. She smiles a little.

"Lets go eat, there's extra Chinese food," i say as I pull onto her hand leading her to Dias who is already shoving her face into the box of noodles.

Damon's POV

I cant sleep. It's fucking weird sleeping somewhere so different from me. From Chaz's house where I slept my whole entire life in. It's fucking cold in here and there's too many windows.

I open up the fridge and grab the milk as I drink through the jug, milk drips on my chest as I wipe it off and wipe my mouth with the back of my hands. When I finish half of the jug, I try to go back to sleep but I can't.

Suddenly I'm looking for something but I don't know what? I open drawers and finally I find some cigarettes in the bathroom cabinet with a lighter. I puff and blow until I cant anymore and feel a slow sensation. I look in the mirror and my eyes look like they are popping red veins.

When I get out of the bathroom I get back to sleep in my own room since Austin had an extra room. For when joe would sometimes pass out there. Joe has his own apartment, not as big as Austin's but it's bigger than Mia's and Dias.

Mia...

Fuck Mia—I wish I meant that but I can't. She's my weakness. That's the problem. Since I met her I've been too soft. I cant let any emotions in. I need the old me. The one who never dates, never falls in love, the one who never cares, the one who knows how to act about situations like this. I'm so fucking drawn to her that i would do anything for her...not anymore. This time I need to stop being a pussy and fucking do what I need to do to get her out of my mind, even if that means having to hurt her like she hurt me.