chapter 3

the car starts to move while im in my deep thoughts, i suddenly feel like im going crazy with the clash of emotions piling at me. i feel helpless, completely and utterly helpless.

im angry at myself, dias and carter but mostly me, i shouldn't be completely mad at them, it was my fault i shouldn't have came.

i haven't seen both of them for years, what did i expect? that i know them just like that? they aren't those kids that build sand castles, played tag around the yard and get excited by watching movies past eleven o'clock anymore.

i just hope carter finds or gets damon's money as soon as possible.

i start to sob even more.

everything starts to hit at once i feel angry at myself and so scared the pain in my chest increases as i cry.

i cry and sob in that dark sack feeling like someone is digging a hole into my stomach.

something bright shines underneath my closed eye lids. i open them from my heavy sleep from the long car ride, blinking a few times to try taking in where i am. i see a tall figure and see that it's the last person i wanted to see this morning, damon looking at me with dead eyes, and a frown plated on his structured face.

i sniff and wipe at my eyes smearing the makeup but that's the last thing i care about right now.

he just stands there and looks at me, unsure of what to say making it uncomfortable and awkward.

damon quickly looks away from me, "get out," he demands.

i take a little jump from the high step on the car to the concrete, my heels make a clicking sound against the stoned ground.

he slams the door shut and it makes me flinch, it reminds me of the gun shot sounds from last night. i swallow from the thought of it all.

i slowly start walking towards the house, its small and the walls of the building are made out of bricks. i look behind me trying to find someone or something, i must be far from home since it took the whole night for me to get to damon's place.

to fasten my pace damon places his hand on my back leading me, striding with his long legs to the front door that i almost trip. im sure he noticed when i look up at him glaring angrily.

when he unlocks the door i look around again quickly.

the place is quiet and i spot a house further from here from his house, well i think this is his house?

it probably at least takes a three minute walk to get to the other house near his. i want to run to the house but i reimagine it and it would totally be a fail, damon has long legs he can catch me in a second and it'll only make him angry with me. i want to stay out of trouble as much as i can, im scared and i don't want to get hurt. plus i wouldn't be able to make it with these damned heels. i cant take the risk i don't even know this guy? knowing he has a gun with him makes me even more against my plan.

when we enter the house a hard liquor smell hits my scent its so strong.

when he leads me further into the house i glance at a man, probably in his late thirties. he is sitting on a wooden chair with a women straddling his lap in the kitchen.

i quickly look away from them when i notice their half naked.

damon frowns at them but continues to walk towards the fridge like he sees nothing.

the man just continues kissing the women. damon lets go of my back and gets a water bottle coming close to me but i'm only suprised that he hands it to me. i pause and look at the water, he gestures for me to take it, "do you want me to feed it to you or something?" damon's voice is calm but sarcastic.

i take it from him and chug half of it down. he is just staring at me, intensely and it's making me feel weird i keep my eyes on him as well and he won't budge to even look away.

i give him the bottle and he grabs it by placing it on the table where the two people are making out.

she starts to moan and that's our cue to leave.

when damon leads me to a hallway full of closed doors i hear a raspy voice behind us.

"who's that?" he says.

i look at the guy and he has a smirk on his face.

there's a cigarette hanging from in his mouth, everyone in here looks scary.

every little thing and someone here gives me the creeps.

i notice two other boys sitting beside him staring at me, they don't look as scary as the man with the cigarette.

without thinking twice i take a step behind damon nervous from all the eyes on me.

"she yours? who is she?" he eagerly asks smirking.

the boys that are sitting with him starts snickering as well, damon notices that i am scared, he takes his eyes off of me and looks at the two boys who now stop laughing instantly after witnessing damon's expression.

"no one," damon flatly responds, "she's off limits."

i get disgusted by the thought of it, what does he mean im off limits?

"i don't know if i can control myself."

"i mean it," damon steps closer to them showing how serious he's being.

"come on damon, aren't you gonna atleast introduce me to your-" he looks at me up and down with a smirk "friend."

damon looks annoyed.

"im jax," he says blowing out of his cigarette not wasting any time i guess.

"thats rugger and maxen," jax points at the two boys.

they wave at me and slightly smile, they're so much younger than the rest of the guys i saw here, including damon.

"you're so pretty," one of the boys say.

i try to smile but only end up pouting miserably.

jax presses me by asking "and your name is?" he starts checking me out.

"mia," i mostly whisper.

he looks at me, "beautiful girl with a beautiful name."

i don't say anything back and i don't know any of these guys and what they are capable of.

"damon! yo get your ass over here man," a guy says entering the house with a girl that has barely any clothes on, she looks completely drunk as her balance is unstable. how many people live in here?

i don't like the thought of being left with jax. unfortunately damon does leave me with him, just as i thought he might do. my eyes follow damon leaving me to go greet his friend. they both start laughing, my first time seeing damon smile. the guy gives damon a cigarette pack, but he doesn't open it, instead he puts it in his back pocket.

"come sit with us" i hear jax say and i turn my face to his.

"its okay i'll stay here," i say stuttering.

"we don't bite," he's smirking again.

before i can even respond he grabs my arm leading me to the room with rugger and maxen.