Chapter 48: No One To Follow Or Trust

Springtrap's P.O.V

I always knew that after I would be turned into Purple Guy, things wouldn't be the same again. They haven't been anyways since. This new life that has forsaken me continues to ingrate my own personal life to reform it as it's own. If only something like this didn't hold so much power. I never expected to have friends. I never expected to be happy again. I never expected to feel alive again. And yet here I am with those feelings, only they've been stripped away from again by this other version of me. This thing wants to be me. To make me the enemy here. Just as how everyone views me now.

My silence thoughts were interrupted by the sound of a pair of footsteps walking over to me. I slightly turned my head to the sight of Mangle and Shadow Freddy, kinda surprised they showed up so soon. "Springtrap. We need to talk. And this time for real," said Mangle. "I know," I responded not turning to look at her. "Springtrap. We're here for you. I'm always here for you, as a friend," said Shadow Freddy. "I don't receive the same from the others," I responded. "Give them time. I'm asking you to give time for Mangle." "I thought you were here for me?" I asked. "I am. But Mangle wants this to be personal. For the two of you," he responded. "Don't assume I haven't given up on you. You haven't lost faith in me." Shadow Freddy walked away as he passed Mangle, giving her the notice to comfort me. She walked over to me as she sat down next to me, while I sat still empty with no thoughts. Only silence. "You know, Shadow Freddy is a nice guy. He told me mostly about his life and other details you left out about yours," said Mangle. "If I had the time or the chance I would have. But the others fail to understand what I had to go through my whole life," I responded. "I don't blame you Springtrap. Your story does sound traumatizing. Or. Michael's. To be exact," she said. I turned to look at her; I almost had an immediate ounce of gratitude and respect to offer her. She did understand everything. My life. "That's the first time in a while someone really understood what I had to go through," I responded. "Well, its a shame that innocent person, Michael, had to die," she Mangle. "Maybe. But sometimes I question whether he really did die. Or if his fragments decided to reside in me?" I said. "That's your decision to make. Not mine," she responded. "Look. I'm glad you understand, but the others don't and they still refuse to. Though that statement is directly appointed to Bonnie," I said. "Not everyone has the gift of seeing things the way you do," she responded. "So, you have that gift?" I asked. "In a way, I could. Did I ever tell you the story of how I became a leader?" she said. "I Don't recall it," I responded. "Well. During the first week I was brought here I was put on the toys team since I was one of them. At least that's what Foxy and Lolbit lead me to believe... I was humiliated. Made fun of. Just because of this," said Mangle pointing at herself. "My dysfunctional body that's all mangled. Probably why the others named me that." "I'm guessing you were originally named Toy Foxy," I said. "Was. Named Toy Foxy. I felt disgraced for being apart of my family that gave little to nothing in offering help. Foxy did eventually try to help but at that point I pushed away his assistance. The others weren't much help either. Toy Bonnie did help a little to make me feel better, but that didn't cleanse my curse. Toy Freddy suggested ignoring all the criticism but like blocking all the problems does a thing," said Mangle. "Toy Freddy sounds like my god damn sixth grade teacher," I said. "And Toy Chica just saw me as a worthless being, pretty much how she views all people. So I used decided leave the team and make me own," said Mangle. "Of course everyone judged me for that decision. Most of them claimed I wasn't suitable for the task. But Fredbear saw potential in me. He said it was something I was meant for. And with that courage I formed a small but doable team with Bonnie and Springbonnie at the time." "What's the point you're trying to express?" I asked. Look. What I'm trying to get out is that I've done the same thing as you. I've erased a person of me that I thought was a separate entity to me. I always acted tough and tried to be an example by authority to lead my teammates. But deep down I care about them. I know if they go down, the leader will fall with the squad as well," she said. "I know you would do the same." "I pretty much do that already every time I die each day of my life. It's a curse, one I should've saw coming," I responded. "Have I ever told you about Funtime Freddy?" "You've mentioned him, as well as Shadow Freddy. But I feel like I know him. Or I should," said Mangle. "Huh, interesting," I responded looking back ahead. "He was something. He still is, I tell ya. I may have not known him for a long time, but with the time spent with him I feel like he's someone who understands me as well. The night I attacked him and his friends. I almost broke a friendship not even given, but he repaired it. He gave me a chance. He understood everything I had gone through. He wanted the same things as me. To end William." "Instead William reversed that thought," added in Mangle. "Yeah. I'm guessing Shadow Freddy told you everything," I said. "Everything," she responded. "Yeah. I don't know how he went down but it's obvious him and the others fell. Must've put up one hell of a last stand," I said. "Just wish it was easy to convince Bonnie and Springbonnie." "I think Springbonnie is just conflicted if she wants to trust you or not. She just has to understand if she wants to take your side or not," said Mangle. "Bonnie on the other hand. Well. I honestly don't know what's he divided on mostly." "Most likely what he's meant for. He believes this world is just my world. Even if it was just meant to imprison me. He believes he and the others are the innocent ones for being here," I said. "Like doing something will repair things." "Rebuilding a friendship takes time. The first step is mending the wounds and bandaging them up. The next step is regaining that trust back. The final step is being trustworthy enough for others to depend on you, and for you to depend on them," said Mangle. "You always trade enemies for friends." I looked straight ahead, not saying anything. I had gotten this far, and was I going to let this stop me? I had gone through so much, and yet here I am. Still alive in the inside. "And what do you propose I do if he doesn't change his mind?" I asked turning to look at her. "You haven't failed completely with everyone," responded Mangle as she placed her hand on mine. The warmth in her hand made me remind myself of when Mangle was there to make me feel loved and appreciated. Considering that feeling was an act put on by my father whenever he was around. It felt like the old Mangle I knew and loved was here. Or was she really here? "Springtrap." Me and Mangle turned to see Fredbear walking over to us, as Mangle got up now. "Are you able to hold a conversation?" he asked. "I can. Why?" I asked. "I may have an idea of what might've been the cause of Bonnie's heavy frustration towards you," he responded as got up. "Cause?" I asked. "Yes. It isn't because he believes your words aren't comprehensible, it's because he remembers everything," said Fredbear. "He remembers every inch of harm you spread back then."